SMTP connect() failed.
4 years 4 months ago #341654
by gus
- page with issue: www.puntobenesseresrl.it
- HikaShop Business 6.4.0 [2603261144]
- Joomla! 4.4.14 Stable [ Pamoja ] 30-September-2025 16:00 GMT
- PHP 8.3.19
- Chrome Version 147.0.7727.56 (Build ufficiale) (arm64)
SMTP connect() failed. was created by gus
-- url of the page with the problem -- :
www.puntobenesseresrl.it
-- HikaShop version -- : 4.5.1
-- Joomla version -- : 3.10.9
-- PHP version -- : 7.0.33
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : CHROME 101.0.4951.64 (Build ufficiale) (x86_64)
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : SMTP connect() failed. github.com/PHPMailer/PHPMailer/wiki/Troubleshooting
Hello,
e-mails worked fine until this morning orders, but from 2 in the afternoon, however, the confirmation e-mails sent by the site to both the customer and me stopped working ( orders are correctly created )
This is the message I receive if I place an order:
SMTP connect() failed. github.com/PHPMailer/PHPMailer/wiki/Troubleshooting
And the confirmation mail is not sent.
If I go in Joomla > Global Configuration > Server > Mail Settings, everything is fine, and the button "send test mail" works right and I receive the test mail, so I do not know what's going on.
Thanks.
-- HikaShop version -- : 4.5.1
-- Joomla version -- : 3.10.9
-- PHP version -- : 7.0.33
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : CHROME 101.0.4951.64 (Build ufficiale) (x86_64)
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : SMTP connect() failed. github.com/PHPMailer/PHPMailer/wiki/Troubleshooting
Hello,
e-mails worked fine until this morning orders, but from 2 in the afternoon, however, the confirmation e-mails sent by the site to both the customer and me stopped working ( orders are correctly created )
This is the message I receive if I place an order:
SMTP connect() failed. github.com/PHPMailer/PHPMailer/wiki/Troubleshooting
And the confirmation mail is not sent.
If I go in Joomla > Global Configuration > Server > Mail Settings, everything is fine, and the button "send test mail" works right and I receive the test mail, so I do not know what's going on.
Thanks.
- page with issue: www.puntobenesseresrl.it
- HikaShop Business 6.4.0 [2603261144]
- Joomla! 4.4.14 Stable [ Pamoja ] 30-September-2025 16:00 GMT
- PHP 8.3.19
- Chrome Version 147.0.7727.56 (Build ufficiale) (arm64)
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
4 years 4 months ago #341660
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic SMTP connect() failed.
Hi,
I don't see why the test would work and not real emails.
Also, there is not much we can do. That error comes from PHPMailer which is in Joomla and it says it can't connect to the SMTP server. So HikaShop has no control on this.
I would recommend checking with your SMTP provider what's going on.
I don't see why the test would work and not real emails.
Also, there is not much we can do. That error comes from PHPMailer which is in Joomla and it says it can't connect to the SMTP server. So HikaShop has no control on this.
I would recommend checking with your SMTP provider what's going on.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
4 years 4 months ago #341666
by gus
- page with issue: www.puntobenesseresrl.it
- HikaShop Business 6.4.0 [2603261144]
- Joomla! 4.4.14 Stable [ Pamoja ] 30-September-2025 16:00 GMT
- PHP 8.3.19
- Chrome Version 147.0.7727.56 (Build ufficiale) (arm64)
Replied by gus on topic SMTP connect() failed.
I'll check with my provider, thanks
- page with issue: www.puntobenesseresrl.it
- HikaShop Business 6.4.0 [2603261144]
- Joomla! 4.4.14 Stable [ Pamoja ] 30-September-2025 16:00 GMT
- PHP 8.3.19
- Chrome Version 147.0.7727.56 (Build ufficiale) (arm64)
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.160 seconds