- Posts: 306
- Thank you received: 42
[SOLVED] Unable to edit description on new vendor registration
6 years 6 months ago #316841
by trevsmiff
Unable to edit description on new vendor registration was created by trevsmiff
-- HikaShop version -- : 4.2.3
-- HikaMarket version -- : 3.0.3
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.16
-- PHP version -- : 7.3.15
Hi
Hope you are staying well.
Using the JCE editor I am unable to enter anything in the Description field when registering as a vendor. None of the editor toolbars are displayed and I can't enter any text.
Switching the editor to TinyMCE I get the same results.
If I save the form and go back to the Vendor Edit page the editor is displayed correctly and I can edit the description.
Best regards
Trevor
-- HikaMarket version -- : 3.0.3
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.16
-- PHP version -- : 7.3.15
Hi
Hope you are staying well.
Using the JCE editor I am unable to enter anything in the Description field when registering as a vendor. None of the editor toolbars are displayed and I can't enter any text.
Switching the editor to TinyMCE I get the same results.
If I save the form and go back to the Vendor Edit page the editor is displayed correctly and I can edit the description.
Best regards
Trevor
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
6 years 6 months ago #316850
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Replied by Jerome on topic Unable to edit description on new vendor registration
Hello,
I cannot reproduce your issue in the demo website :
pasteboard.co/J0Uy5sX.png
Please check that you do not have JavaScript errors in your page which could explain why the editor is not loaded.
Regards,
I cannot reproduce your issue in the demo website :
pasteboard.co/J0Uy5sX.png
Please check that you do not have JavaScript errors in your page which could explain why the editor is not loaded.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
6 years 6 months ago #316854
by trevsmiff
Replied by trevsmiff on topic Unable to edit description on new vendor registration
Hi Jerome
I just set up a test site on localhst using Ampps and I get the same result as you using TinyMCE (looks like a very limited set of icons in the toolbar!). When I switch to JCE I get the blank box. Does JCE work on your site?
In the console there are a couple of warnings:
I will run some more tests [strike]tomorrow[/strike] later today.
regards
Trevor
I just set up a test site on localhst using Ampps and I get the same result as you using TinyMCE (looks like a very limited set of icons in the toolbar!). When I switch to JCE I get the blank box. Does JCE work on your site?
In the console there are a couple of warnings:
Code:
This page uses the non standard property “zoom”. Consider using calc() in the relevant property values, or using “transform” along with “transform-origin: 0 0”. vendor
JQMIGRATE: Migrate is installed with logging active, version 1.4.1 jquery-migrate.js:23:17
Use of Mutation Events is deprecated. Use MutationObserver instead.
I will run some more tests [strike]tomorrow[/strike] later today.
regards
Trevor
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
6 years 6 months ago #316859
by trevsmiff
Replied by trevsmiff on topic [SOLVED] Unable to edit description on new vendor registration
After posting my last reply I realised that I had the clue to solve the problem - I didn't have a public facing editor profile in JCE. I created a new profile with a stripped down toolbar and assigned it to the Public group and Bingo.
Best regards
Trevor
Best regards
Trevor
The following user(s) said Thank You: nicolas
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Moderators: Obsidev
Time to create page: 0.180 seconds