How to make all users in a group vendors

• Thank you received: 1
11 years 3 months ago #84795

I don't understand how to add vendors. When I go to add vendors it gives me a list of all users on my site.

I would like to either make all users in a specific group their own vendor, or make all users on the site their own vendor.

If I select multiple users on that page, does it create them all onto one vendor account? If so, how can I mass add vendors (basically turn all users into vendors) without having to do each one individually.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 4004
11 years 3 months ago #84832

Hi,

There are two ways to create a new vendor. The first one is in the front-end, with the "vendor registration page".
The second one is in the backend, in "HikaMarket > Vendors", you would see the list of your vendors and there is a "New" button.
You can enter a name for the vendor and select the vendor administrator (A user from your HikaShop users).

A vendor is a new entity type and it's not a single user. It's more like a company which could handle several users into.
So, for the same vendor, you can have several users with different rights. For example, one user could just have rights to edit products and one user could just have rights to edit orders.

We are working on an HikaShop plugin which would create vendor while an HikaShop user is created. With it, it would be possible to have one vendor per user (and maybe with some options for groups limitation).
But I forgot to add the feature of "mass vendor creation". It's a good idea ! Thanks

Regards,
Jerome

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

• Thank you received: 1
11 years 3 months ago #84940

Could you let me know how to make all users into their own vendors? From your response I assume there is no way to do this unless I do each one individually, which would be a nightmare for me, as I would like to make all users on my site vendors by default. Will I have to do each one manually/individually?

If so, I may consider letting users activate their vendor account from a registration form. How simple can I make this form? Can I make it just a checkbox or something simple in order to activate their vendor account? What are the mandatory fields for vendor registration on front end? I see in the backend that I can auto approve vendor registrations which is good. Please advise. Thanks.

• Thank you received: 4004
11 years 3 months ago #85076

Hi,

It is possible to auto-publish vendor. The option already exists.
Some options allows to remove some "question" in the form but there is still some fields to fill.

I am working on a little plugin for the vendor creation.
The plugin will create all vendors for all joomla users and would provide a "watcher" in order to create vendors while a user is created.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

Moderators: Obsidev
Time to create page: 0.063 seconds