- Posts: 8
- Thank you received: 0
Sorting Product List by Newest First
- NaturalChaos
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
15 years 6 months ago #12262
by NaturalChaos
Sorting Product List by Newest First was created by NaturalChaos
I'm having trouble getting the product list to sort correctly. I've configured the Content Menu item with "Ordering direction: Descending" and "Ordering field - product_id" but it still shows the oldest item first. I've also tried changing the ordering field to various other options but nothing works. Please help!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 6 months ago #12268
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Sorting Product List by Newest First
Do you use a recent version of HikaShop (there was a bug corrected in a previous version concerning such issue) ? If not, you should update.
If yes, then, please activate the joomla debug mode (in the config of joomla) and go to your page. There, copy the queries displayed at the bottom and paste them here o that we can see what's going on.
If yes, then, please activate the joomla debug mode (in the config of joomla) and go to your page. There, copy the queries displayed at the bottom and paste them here o that we can see what's going on.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- NaturalChaos
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 8
- Thank you received: 0
15 years 6 months ago - 15 years 6 months ago #12312
by NaturalChaos
Replied by NaturalChaos on topic Re: Sorting Product List by Newest First
I'm running version 1.4.8 which the update page says is the latest stable version.
Edit: Removed unnecessary code.
Code:
code deleted
Edit: Removed unnecessary code.
Last edit: 15 years 6 months ago by NaturalChaos.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 6 months ago #12329
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Sorting Product List by Newest First
Please make sure that the random option is turned off in the hikashop options of your menu.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- NaturalChaos
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 8
- Thank you received: 0
15 years 6 months ago - 15 years 6 months ago #12335
by NaturalChaos
Replied by NaturalChaos on topic Re: Sorting Product List by Newest First
It looks like I may have solved it. I was trying to resolve an issue with pagination not showing when I came across a post saying to turn off Random Items. Once I did that, this issue resolved as well.
Edit: Of course, I see your response AFTER I posted this.
Thanks for your help!
Edit: Of course, I see your response AFTER I posted this.
Last edit: 15 years 6 months ago by NaturalChaos.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Less
More
- Posts: 14
- Thank you received: 0
13 years 4 months ago #101793
by Welsh Country Boy
Replied by Welsh Country Boy on topic Sorting Product List by Newest First
Hi Nicolas,
I'm struggling with this very same issue but didn't want to open a new thread. I've configured the Content Menu item with Ordering direction: Ascending and Descending (neither works) and Ordering field - product_created and direct sub elements selected. I have also ensured in the configuration screen - Display tab that the same options are selected. Random items are turned off.
Playing with the settings have not made a bit of difference, so I must be missing something simple, please help!!
We are running version 2.1.2.
I'm struggling with this very same issue but didn't want to open a new thread. I've configured the Content Menu item with Ordering direction: Ascending and Descending (neither works) and Ordering field - product_created and direct sub elements selected. I have also ensured in the configuration screen - Display tab that the same options are selected. Random items are turned off.
Playing with the settings have not made a bit of difference, so I must be missing something simple, please help!!
We are running version 2.1.2.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 4 months ago #101961
by Xavier
Replied by Xavier on topic Sorting Product List by Newest First
Hi,
You maybe don't change the values in the correct place. If you have a menu listing products, edit this menu options.
But if it's a category listing menu, change the options in the associated module of this menu.
Can you give us a screenshot of the configuration ?
You maybe don't change the values in the correct place. If you have a menu listing products, edit this menu options.
But if it's a category listing menu, change the options in the associated module of this menu.
Can you give us a screenshot of the configuration ?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Welsh Country Boy
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Less
More
- Posts: 14
- Thank you received: 0
13 years 4 months ago #101973
by Welsh Country Boy
Replied by Welsh Country Boy on topic Sorting Product List by Newest First
Thanks Xavier, you were right! I have managed to sort this by changing the correct category listing menu.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.185 seconds