- Posts: 39
- Thank you received: 0
Error uploading Hikashop
14 years 2 months ago #57558
by nolanf76
Error uploading Hikashop was created by nolanf76
I've uploaded Hikashop on a previous website but am having trouble uploading Hikashop to a new website. I am receiving the following error message:
Can not find the component/level to check the latest version : 'hikashop' / ''
$infos (object)
component hikashop
level [empty string]
version [empty string]
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
Can not find the component/level to check the latest version : 'hikashop' / ''
$infos (object)
component hikashop
level [empty string]
version [empty string]
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 2 months ago #57628
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Error uploading Hikashop
Hi,
The problem is usually that the hikashop tables could not been installed on your database.
The solution is to make sure the table.sql file (from the administrator/components/com_hikashop folder) has the right access level and then reinstall HikaShop.
This being related to access rights access, turning on (or off if it's already on) the FTP layer of joomla and then reinstlaling might help solve the problem.
The problem is usually that the hikashop tables could not been installed on your database.
The solution is to make sure the table.sql file (from the administrator/components/com_hikashop folder) has the right access level and then reinstall HikaShop.
This being related to access rights access, turning on (or off if it's already on) the FTP layer of joomla and then reinstlaling might help solve the problem.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Less
More
- Posts: 13
- Thank you received: 0
14 years 2 months ago #58522
by lattitudes
Replied by lattitudes on topic Re: Error uploading Hikashop
Hi, I have the same problem with my recent download of Hikashop. I followed your directions and changed the permissions on table.sql to 6-4-4. I also changed the FTP from off to on. I am still get the error message "Can not find the component/level to check the latest version : 'hikashop' / ''" and below that it reads level{empty string} and Version {empty String}. I was not sure exactly what permission level was required so that may be my problem. I have totally removed Hikashop and re-installed it verified the above permission levels and still could not get it to work.
Thanks
Charles
Thanks
Charles
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 2 months ago #58562
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Error uploading Hikashop
You should try with the permissions 777 on that file.
If that still doesn't work, edit the file with a text editor, change all the #__ with the prefix of your tables (there is an option on that in the configuration of joomla) and then import manually the file in your database with phpmyadmin.
If that still doesn't work, edit the file with a text editor, change all the #__ with the prefix of your tables (there is an option on that in the configuration of joomla) and then import manually the file in your database with phpmyadmin.
The following user(s) said Thank You: lattitudes
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Less
More
- Posts: 13
- Thank you received: 0
14 years 2 months ago #59013
by lattitudes
Replied by lattitudes on topic Re: Error uploading Hikashop
Hello again,
I thought I had the problem of installing resolved per your instructions. It was working fine. That was until I screwed up my products and categories and decided to uninstall and reinstall hikashop. I attempted the reinstall numerous times to no avail. Becoming frustrated, I used phpMyAdmin and deleted all the tables referencing Hikashop in my database. I still continue to get the same error message. I looked at my database and noticed that only a small number of tables had been installed by hikashop compared to other installations that I have. Any suggestions? Thanks
I thought I had the problem of installing resolved per your instructions. It was working fine. That was until I screwed up my products and categories and decided to uninstall and reinstall hikashop. I attempted the reinstall numerous times to no avail. Becoming frustrated, I used phpMyAdmin and deleted all the tables referencing Hikashop in my database. I still continue to get the same error message. I looked at my database and noticed that only a small number of tables had been installed by hikashop compared to other installations that I have. Any suggestions? Thanks
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 2 months ago #59054
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Error uploading Hikashop
If you don't get all the tables in the database it's normal that it doesn't work.
Please delete all the hikashop tables and redo the tables import procedure as explained in my previous post.
Once done, check that you have all of them.
Only then install HikaShop and it should work.
Please delete all the hikashop tables and redo the tables import procedure as explained in my previous post.
Once done, check that you have all of them.
Only then install HikaShop and it should work.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 7 months ago #90041
by Tom16
Replied by Tom16 on topic Error uploading Hikashop
I fixed this by uploading an older version of HIKA and that installing the latest version over it.
Tom
Tom
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 7 months ago #90066
by nolanf76
Replied by nolanf76 on topic Error uploading Hikashop
Thanks Tom.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.222 seconds