- Posts: 47
- Thank you received: 0
Product translation Forbidden
- sven@simplyweb.es
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
13 years 11 months ago #69443
by sven@simplyweb.es
Product translation Forbidden was created by sven@simplyweb.es
Hi,
I use HS Essential with Falang and capability to translate products.
My site is in en - es - de
I activaded Falang plugin and activate the edition of content in multiple language is set to yes.
When I now go to a product and want to translate it, I have 3 flags above the description as you can see in the screenshot.
1. Do I have to put the translation in the English flag as well or only in the Spanish and German - the main description is already English
2. If now I translate to Spanish or German and I save it by pressing ok - red dots appear next to Name and Description - see print screen
3. If I go on the products listing of the Spanish it shows me everything in Spanish, German products appear in German and English Product in English.
4. But now if I click on the product and the product page opens - the product description is in English and not the translation I added to the product - the automated translation - add to basket is in German...
Why are those red dots appearing in my translation of products? Everything seems to work except the translation of the description.
thanks
I use HS Essential with Falang and capability to translate products.
My site is in en - es - de
I activaded Falang plugin and activate the edition of content in multiple language is set to yes.
When I now go to a product and want to translate it, I have 3 flags above the description as you can see in the screenshot.
1. Do I have to put the translation in the English flag as well or only in the Spanish and German - the main description is already English
2. If now I translate to Spanish or German and I save it by pressing ok - red dots appear next to Name and Description - see print screen
3. If I go on the products listing of the Spanish it shows me everything in Spanish, German products appear in German and English Product in English.
4. But now if I click on the product and the product page opens - the product description is in English and not the translation I added to the product - the automated translation - add to basket is in German...
Why are those red dots appearing in my translation of products? Everything seems to work except the translation of the description.
thanks
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- sven@simplyweb.es
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 47
- Thank you received: 0
13 years 11 months ago #69448
by sven@simplyweb.es
Replied by sven@simplyweb.es on topic Re: Product translation Forbidden
Ok got it.
I have to got to Components> Falang> Translation> Languages>(Chose language to translate) Content Elements> Chose Hikashop products in my case)
I have to translate it from here... good explanation on: www.digitalbloom.ca/joomla-tutorials-sup...-article-with-falang
I have to got to Components> Falang> Translation> Languages>(Chose language to translate) Content Elements> Chose Hikashop products in my case)
I have to translate it from here... good explanation on: www.digitalbloom.ca/joomla-tutorials-sup...-article-with-falang
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 11 months ago #69453
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Product translation Forbidden
Hi,
These red dots means that the translation is not published.
In the Languages tab of the configuration you have an option to have translations published by default when you translate the product information directly from the HikaShop product edition page (which you can do alternatively to Falang's interface). In that case, you don't need to enter the translation for the flag of your main language as you will enter it directly in the main fields of the product.
These red dots means that the translation is not published.
In the Languages tab of the configuration you have an option to have translations published by default when you translate the product information directly from the HikaShop product edition page (which you can do alternatively to Falang's interface). In that case, you don't need to enter the translation for the flag of your main language as you will enter it directly in the main fields of the product.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 4 months ago #101829
by damian
Replied by damian on topic Product translation Forbidden
I am having the same problem, We have turned on the Activate the edition of content in multiple languages and Translation published by default under the languages tab in the hikashop configuration but the red dot for forbidden is still comming up on the translation pop up for each product. Is there somewhere else to set this?
Thanks for your help.
Thanks for your help.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 4 months ago #101832
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Product translation Forbidden
Please make sure that you're using the latest version of HikaShop.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 4 months ago #102157
by damian
Replied by damian on topic Product translation Forbidden
Hi Nicolas,
Thank you for your reply, We have installed the latest version of hika shop,
The red dot now changes to a green tick when clicked on the language popup in the admin ares, but the multi language still doesn't translate on the frontend?
Thank you for your reply, We have installed the latest version of hika shop,
The red dot now changes to a green tick when clicked on the language popup in the admin ares, but the multi language still doesn't translate on the frontend?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 4 months ago #102377
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Replied by Jerome on topic Product translation Forbidden
Hi,
Do you change the language using the "language switch" of Falang ?
Regards,
Do you change the language using the "language switch" of Falang ?
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.170 seconds