- Posts: 234
- Thank you received: 4
SSL
13 years 10 months ago #78799
by mad-q
Hello, I am wondering what data I need to transfer over to the secure SSL side of the site. At present I tried copying over the site but my hosting company has PHP V 5.1.2 running so I can't run Joomla 1.7 on it. They have said about installing V1.5 which doens't need anything higher but I am a bit loathed to.
Any help and thoughts would be great. (Bar binning my Hosting company! :evil: )
Iain
Any help and thoughts would be great. (Bar binning my Hosting company! :evil: )
Iain
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 10 months ago - 13 years 10 months ago #78827
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Hi,
I don't understand your question.
The SSL does not have any link with Joomla (or HikaShop), it is only a feature of web hosting.
A website running on HTTP or HTTPS is exactly the same thing for PHP (so Joomla, HikaShop, etc).
There is no need to transfer anything, just having a hosting which allows HTTPS.
Regards,
I don't understand your question.
The SSL does not have any link with Joomla (or HikaShop), it is only a feature of web hosting.
A website running on HTTP or HTTPS is exactly the same thing for PHP (so Joomla, HikaShop, etc).
There is no need to transfer anything, just having a hosting which allows HTTPS.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Last edit: 13 years 10 months ago by Jerome.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 10 months ago #78943
by mad-q
Sorry for not explaining it very well.
At present the shared ssl I use has a separate ftp and also is running a different PHP version. My main domain is www.draganfly.co.uk but the shared ssl is draganfly.ssl-01.com When I put " draganfly.ssl-01.com " into Hika shop it then sends people to that address and looks for draganfly.ssl-01.com/index.php
Since the SSl is running V5.1.2 ( draganfly.ssl-01.com/phpinfo.php ) I can not put the joomla site on this server as it currently stands.
I hope this explains it.
Iain
At present the shared ssl I use has a separate ftp and also is running a different PHP version. My main domain is www.draganfly.co.uk but the shared ssl is draganfly.ssl-01.com When I put " draganfly.ssl-01.com " into Hika shop it then sends people to that address and looks for draganfly.ssl-01.com/index.php
Since the SSl is running V5.1.2 ( draganfly.ssl-01.com/phpinfo.php ) I can not put the joomla site on this server as it currently stands.
I hope this explains it.
Iain
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Less
More
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
13 years 10 months ago #78969
by Mohamed Thelji
Replied by Mohamed Thelji on topic SSL
Hi Iain,
I think that reading this thread will maybe make things a little more clear for you.
Regarding your problem :
- You can maybe change your .htacces file and then change your php version
- Ask your hosting company to change your php version.
Hope this will help you.
I think that reading this thread will maybe make things a little more clear for you.
Regarding your problem :
- You can maybe change your .htacces file and then change your php version
- Ask your hosting company to change your php version.
Hope this will help you.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 10 months ago #78981
by mad-q
Mohamed,
The first thing I asked my hosting company was to upgrade the PHP, they said they won't. I will look into changing the .htaccess file and go from there.
Thanks again.
Iain
The first thing I asked my hosting company was to upgrade the PHP, they said they won't. I will look into changing the .htaccess file and go from there.
Thanks again.
Iain
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 10 months ago #79593
by mad-q
Hello,
I have been pulling my hair out with my webhosting company. This is the situation so far,
My old online shop I uploaded the full website to the secure ftp and then only the payment code to the secure ftp. The two would talk to each other. Does hikashop work in the same way?
The ISP don't know anything about linking my none secure site to the secure one. (as per the link Mohamed put)
The server which holds the secure site is running PHP 5.1.2, unsecure is running 5.2.6
I have tried installing Joomla 1.5 on the Secure site, installed hikashop trying to get the two (secure and unsecure) to talk to each other... NO joy.
I can't change the PHP version on the secure site.
The secure site has no idea of the products bought in the unsecure side, I assume since they are using different MYSQL databases they won't talk to each other.
If I bought another domain name eg www.draganfly-secure.co.uk which I could put Joomla 1.7 on. Could I put in Hikashop config that domain as the shared ssl and get my current www.draganfly.co.uk to talk to the new secure page?
Thank you in advance of this and sorry if this doesn't make a hole lot of sense, I am going a bit mad.
Iain
I have been pulling my hair out with my webhosting company. This is the situation so far,
My old online shop I uploaded the full website to the secure ftp and then only the payment code to the secure ftp. The two would talk to each other. Does hikashop work in the same way?
The ISP don't know anything about linking my none secure site to the secure one. (as per the link Mohamed put)
The server which holds the secure site is running PHP 5.1.2, unsecure is running 5.2.6
I have tried installing Joomla 1.5 on the Secure site, installed hikashop trying to get the two (secure and unsecure) to talk to each other... NO joy.
I can't change the PHP version on the secure site.
The secure site has no idea of the products bought in the unsecure side, I assume since they are using different MYSQL databases they won't talk to each other.
If I bought another domain name eg www.draganfly-secure.co.uk which I could put Joomla 1.7 on. Could I put in Hikashop config that domain as the shared ssl and get my current www.draganfly.co.uk to talk to the new secure page?
Thank you in advance of this and sorry if this doesn't make a hole lot of sense, I am going a bit mad.
Iain
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 10 months ago #79653
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Hi,
HikaShop have an option in order to force the SSL for the checkout page.
You can read more about it, in this topic (which contains a plugin for redirection to http on non checkout pages).
www.hikashop.com/en/forum/2-general-talk...62-ssl-settings.html
Regards,
HikaShop have an option in order to force the SSL for the checkout page.
You can read more about it, in this topic (which contains a plugin for redirection to http on non checkout pages).
www.hikashop.com/en/forum/2-general-talk...62-ssl-settings.html
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 9 months ago #80273
by mad-q
Jerome
Thank you, I have read that post but doesn't really cover my problem. My main issue is that the secure site and unsecure site are not talking to each other. Each have their own Mysql database and different domain names. The are not linked.
Iain
Thank you, I have read that post but doesn't really cover my problem. My main issue is that the secure site and unsecure site are not talking to each other. Each have their own Mysql database and different domain names. The are not linked.
Iain
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 9 months ago #80321
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Hi,
The problem would be that, if database is not the same, even if you can share the session token, the session data would not the same.
Joomla does not store all data in the cookie, it uses PHP session container or Mysql session container.
You problem is not an HikaShop problem or a Joomla problem (because for Joomla authentication, it would be the same problem), it's a PHP and server problem.
Sharing SSL would allow to change a part of the url/domain but would stay on the same server and the same website instance.
Regards,
The problem would be that, if database is not the same, even if you can share the session token, the session data would not the same.
Joomla does not store all data in the cookie, it uses PHP session container or Mysql session container.
You problem is not an HikaShop problem or a Joomla problem (because for Joomla authentication, it would be the same problem), it's a PHP and server problem.
Sharing SSL would allow to change a part of the url/domain but would stay on the same server and the same website instance.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.184 seconds