- Posts: 8
- Thank you received: 0
Installation of Hikashop file not uploading query
13 years 8 months ago - 13 years 8 months ago #84639
by Che
Installation of Hikashop file not uploading query was created by Che
Hi there,
I want to ask a question in regards to the installation of Hikashop. When I brought the Hikashop business package, an email was sent to my email and linked me to my account in Hikashop and inside the account was two files attached.
I have downloaded the the Hikashop business Zip file and am now currently using the component to configure my website shop front. There is another file which was attached: HikaShop Business (tar.gz), I can't seem to open it for some reason or covert it on to my PC for viewing. Can you let me know what this file contains and is it important and if so.. do I i then need to install into my Joomla site also..??
Kind regards,
Chris
I want to ask a question in regards to the installation of Hikashop. When I brought the Hikashop business package, an email was sent to my email and linked me to my account in Hikashop and inside the account was two files attached.
I have downloaded the the Hikashop business Zip file and am now currently using the component to configure my website shop front. There is another file which was attached: HikaShop Business (tar.gz), I can't seem to open it for some reason or covert it on to my PC for viewing. Can you let me know what this file contains and is it important and if so.. do I i then need to install into my Joomla site also..??
Kind regards,
Chris
Last edit: 13 years 8 months ago by Che.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 8 months ago #84641
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Replied by Jerome on topic Installation of Hikashop file not uploading query
Hi,
Zip file and Tar.gz files contains sames files but with a different compression type.
Tar.Gz requires a compression software to be open (like 7zip, WinZip, WinRar, etc). Windows does not open tar.gz directly.
Some servers have a 2MB file pload limitation and our zip file is higher. So that's why we propose the tar.gz too.
Regards,
Zip file and Tar.gz files contains sames files but with a different compression type.
Tar.Gz requires a compression software to be open (like 7zip, WinZip, WinRar, etc). Windows does not open tar.gz directly.
Some servers have a 2MB file pload limitation and our zip file is higher. So that's why we propose the tar.gz too.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 8 months ago #84642
by Che
Replied by Che on topic Installation of Hikashop file not uploading query
Hi,
Thanks for the info.. I was abit concerned whether it was something important about the file that I needed know about and to install into joomla..
Thanks for the info.. I was abit concerned whether it was something important about the file that I needed know about and to install into joomla..
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.172 seconds