- Posts: 13
- Thank you received: 0
Characteristics issues
- paulkemp39
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
13 years 8 months ago #85962
by paulkemp39
Characteristics issues was created by paulkemp39
Hi,
I have a problem with the Characteristics on my products. I have created the Characteristics for my products and everything was fine but then I was asked to add some more to the list.
I have added the extra options in the Characteristics file then saved, went into the product itself clicked on manage Characteristics but the new ones i added weren't there so i added a new one and saved but when I view my product it's still not there. They are still in the Characteristics file.
I tried to add 2 Characteristics files to my product but this didnt work and it removed all the data I had put into the original Characteristics file.
I have also added spare slots and unpublished them so i can use them later as this seemed the best way to go after the problem i had but even when they are unpublished they still show on the website.
Is this a bug.
Original product 79.170.44.86/billbotest.co.uk/index.php/...ars/20cm-honey-bears
New product 79.170.44.86/billbotest.co.uk/index.php/...rs/12-5cm-honey-bear
Thanks in advance.
Paul
I have a problem with the Characteristics on my products. I have created the Characteristics for my products and everything was fine but then I was asked to add some more to the list.
I have added the extra options in the Characteristics file then saved, went into the product itself clicked on manage Characteristics but the new ones i added weren't there so i added a new one and saved but when I view my product it's still not there. They are still in the Characteristics file.
I tried to add 2 Characteristics files to my product but this didnt work and it removed all the data I had put into the original Characteristics file.
I have also added spare slots and unpublished them so i can use them later as this seemed the best way to go after the problem i had but even when they are unpublished they still show on the website.
Is this a bug.
Original product 79.170.44.86/billbotest.co.uk/index.php/...ars/20cm-honey-bears
New product 79.170.44.86/billbotest.co.uk/index.php/...rs/12-5cm-honey-bear
Thanks in advance.
Paul
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 8 months ago #85995
by Eliot
Replied by Eliot on topic Characteristics issues
Hi,
Are you using the last version of Hikashop?
It sounds like a bug we already fixed
Try to update or reinstall!
Are you using the last version of Hikashop?
It sounds like a bug we already fixed
Try to update or reinstall!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- paulkemp39
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 13
- Thank you received: 0
13 years 8 months ago - 13 years 8 months ago #86007
by paulkemp39
Replied by paulkemp39 on topic Characteristics issues
Hi eliot,
It says I have latest stable version v2.0.0
I have now just reinstalled but no difference.
It says I have latest stable version v2.0.0
I have now just reinstalled but no difference.
Last edit: 13 years 8 months ago by paulkemp39.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 8 months ago #86082
by Xavier
Replied by Xavier on topic Characteristics issues
Hi,
What do you mean bu "characteristics file" ?
Have you follow the documentation ?
www.hikashop.com/en/support/documentatio...html#characteristics
What do you mean bu "characteristics file" ?
Have you follow the documentation ?
www.hikashop.com/en/support/documentatio...html#characteristics
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- paulkemp39
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 13
- Thank you received: 0
13 years 8 months ago #86094
by paulkemp39
Replied by paulkemp39 on topic Characteristics issues
Hi,
I have followed the documentation for the characteristics and all was working fine no problems.
I had a characteristic called:
12.5cm honey bears ---> 4 variants in here.
I created a new product and added the characteristics, saved then managed characteristics and added extra prices and pics ect. Still all working fine on front end.
I needed to add some more variants to characteristic file so added there first then went into product and manage characteristics but the new variant wasn't in there
so I added with the new button, made changes then saved. After this i lost all characteristics data for that product. Not a problem I recreated a new characteristics file
but this time added spare variants to use later and thought that I could un-publish them so they are not displayed until i needed them but this doesn't work.
Now I have just gone to copy a link to the product and no products are showing when I select them from the menu. This has happened after I reinstalled the software following the advice from eliot to reinstall. I am using the business version and can't find the download for this on your site.
Need help as website is now down. www.billbo.co.uk
Thanks Paul
I have followed the documentation for the characteristics and all was working fine no problems.
I had a characteristic called:
12.5cm honey bears ---> 4 variants in here.
I created a new product and added the characteristics, saved then managed characteristics and added extra prices and pics ect. Still all working fine on front end.
I needed to add some more variants to characteristic file so added there first then went into product and manage characteristics but the new variant wasn't in there
so I added with the new button, made changes then saved. After this i lost all characteristics data for that product. Not a problem I recreated a new characteristics file
but this time added spare variants to use later and thought that I could un-publish them so they are not displayed until i needed them but this doesn't work.
Now I have just gone to copy a link to the product and no products are showing when I select them from the menu. This has happened after I reinstalled the software following the advice from eliot to reinstall. I am using the business version and can't find the download for this on your site.
Need help as website is now down. www.billbo.co.uk
Thanks Paul
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 8 months ago #86160
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Characteristics issues
Hi,
I can see the products on your products listings on your website.
You can download your Business edition via the menu Your account->Your subscription once you're logged on our website with the account which made the purchase.
I can see the products on your products listings on your website.
You can download your Business edition via the menu Your account->Your subscription once you're logged on our website with the account which made the purchase.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- paulkemp39
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 13
- Thank you received: 0
13 years 8 months ago - 13 years 8 months ago #86587
by paulkemp39
Replied by paulkemp39 on topic Characteristics issues
Hi nicolas,
Yes I restored a backup as the site was live.
I have just downloaded and installed the latest business version, created a new product and characteristics but I still have the unpublished showing.
www.billbo.co.uk/index.php/bears/honey-bears/tiny-ted
Also I have just noticed when i add images to the product and i select the option to use file location instead of upload image the file does not show.
They are in the same place i use for download files so am putting in the same path etc. should they be somewhere else.
Thanks
Paul
Yes I restored a backup as the site was live.
I have just downloaded and installed the latest business version, created a new product and characteristics but I still have the unpublished showing.
www.billbo.co.uk/index.php/bears/honey-bears/tiny-ted
Also I have just noticed when i add images to the product and i select the option to use file location instead of upload image the file does not show.
They are in the same place i use for download files so am putting in the same path etc. should they be somewhere else.
Thanks
Paul
Last edit: 13 years 8 months ago by paulkemp39.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 8 months ago #86732
by Xavier
Replied by Xavier on topic Characteristics issues
Hi,
The variants are displayed, because in case of many characteristics are added we must show all the options on the product page (displayed as a table when many).
But when the variant is chosen, the text "no stock" is displayed, so you can do a translation override to change the text to "not in sale".
Do you enter the absolute or the relative path ? Are they on your computer or on the server ?
The variants are displayed, because in case of many characteristics are added we must show all the options on the product page (displayed as a table when many).
But when the variant is chosen, the text "no stock" is displayed, so you can do a translation override to change the text to "not in sale".
Do you enter the absolute or the relative path ? Are they on your computer or on the server ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Less
More
- Posts: 50
- Thank you received: 1
13 years 8 months ago #87000
by PaulLenton
Replied by PaulLenton on topic Characteristics issues
Hi,
The files are on the server in /home/sites/billbo.co.uk/public_html/images/Print-Areas
so i am using images/Print-Areas/filename.jpg for the image path and file name (see attached)
If I only add the characteristics I need at the time can others be added at a later date when needed.
I tried this before and it did not work.
Thanks
Paul
The files are on the server in /home/sites/billbo.co.uk/public_html/images/Print-Areas
so i am using images/Print-Areas/filename.jpg for the image path and file name (see attached)
If I only add the characteristics I need at the time can others be added at a later date when needed.
I tried this before and it did not work.
Thanks
Paul
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 8 months ago #87249
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Characteristics issues
Hi,
Yes you can add additional characteristics later on.
You can also add additional values to a characteristic later on but in that case, after adding the value to the characteristic, you need to add the variant in each product using that characteristic via the "manage variants" button of the product edition page.
Yes you can add additional characteristics later on.
You can also add additional values to a characteristic later on but in that case, after adding the value to the characteristic, you need to add the variant in each product using that characteristic via the "manage variants" button of the product edition page.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- paulkemp39
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 13
- Thank you received: 0
13 years 8 months ago #87258
by paulkemp39
Replied by paulkemp39 on topic Characteristics issues
Hi Nicolas,
I have tried this but after I add a new value in the characteristic it is not showing when I manage variants in the product.
Any idea on the other point about the images not showing.
Thnks
I have tried this but after I add a new value in the characteristic it is not showing when I manage variants in the product.
Any idea on the other point about the images not showing.
Thnks
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 8 months ago #87410
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Characteristics issues
Yes, that's what I said. After you add the value in the characteristics, you need to add the additional variants in each product using the characteristic.
For the images, you need to either have them in the folder media/com_hikashop/upload and in that case, you can use a relative path like you did, or you use the URL like that:
www.billbo.co.uk/images/Print-Areas/filename.jpg
For the images, you need to either have them in the folder media/com_hikashop/upload and in that case, you can use a relative path like you did, or you use the URL like that:
www.billbo.co.uk/images/Print-Areas/filename.jpg
The following user(s) said Thank You: PaulLenton
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.226 seconds