Product optie with text
So not only a pulldown menu (like size or color) but text like a random name.
I hope someone can help me!
Thanks, Gerard
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I have a question: I get the Idea that when I make a costum field that this field is available in the hole categorie.
Is this right or is it posible to do it product by product?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
Can you explain it more precisely with some screenshots for example ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
In the demo from Hikashop I go toe Custum fields.
There I select a table: product and I have to the right a "add" buton for a categorie.
So I get the Idea that when I want to add a "arbitrary name" to a product I must do it for the hole categorie and not for just for 1 product.
How does this work?
Thanks for your time,
Gerard
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Actually the custom fields can only be applied on a category. Manage it only for products is on our TODO list.
But if you create one in the table product, don't set it as required, let the default value empty.
Then on the product edition page you can specify a name for each product.
And if you let this field empty, nothing will be displayed on frontend.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
if I understand correctly it is by category but it is posible to get round it and (de)activate the input field for a name by a product.
Is it soon that the option is manage it only for product?
Thanks, Gerard
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
If you don't fill the value of the custom field, so it will not be displayed.
The option is on our TODO List like many things, so I can't say when it will be available.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I buyed the Businness upgrade of Hikashop today and I try to make a costum field in the productpage.
I
When I make a costum field it is displayed in the productpage but the costumer can't edit it.
When I look to the makeup of the adress field and my costum field there is no difference.
I hope you can help me?
Can you also tell me what de column "core" is in the costum fields column? I also can't set it.
Thanks for you time, Gerard
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
You created a custom field of the table "product" and not of the table "item" as I had explained. That's why the user cannot edit it.
The core column tells you if it's a default field of HikaShop or not. The core fields cannot be deleted.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I'm sorry its my mistake.
Now I have a field and costumer can put arbitrary name in, TOP!
but this "arbitrary costumer name" is not display anywhere not in the mail, invoice, bucketlist.
What do I wrong (again)?
I hope you can help me ones again, Gerard
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
It should be displayed in the email and in the invoice.
In the custom field settings, do you have enabled the display for "frontend" "backend form" and "backend listing" ?
Have you edited any views like "order / product" ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I enabled the "frontend" "backend form" and now also "backend listing" but no diference )-;
The only thing I edit in the views is checkout step.
Do you have a Idea or can I send you extra information?
I hope you can help me.
Best regards, Gerard
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Thanks to see in the view "checkout / cart" if you have a code like:
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I attached this file
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
So there is a high probability that it comes from that and if that's really that bug you have, updating to the 2.1 release will fix the problem.
So I would recommend you to update by download the latest version on our website and installing it via the joomla installer.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Is the release within days or weeks?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
The release is already available, you can find it on our website.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I update the webshop to version 2.1 in the hope the problem is solved, but the problem is still there )-:
Is it posible to send you the info so you can login to the back-end?
Where can I send the login info to?
I hope you can help me.
I think this is the last big problem (-;
Best regards, Gerard
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
You can use our contact form:
www.hikashop.com/en/contact-us.html
Please specify the URL of this thread and the URL of a product where you have the problem so that we can easily find it.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.