- Posts: 103
- Thank you received: 0
Upgrading from the free version to Essential
13 years 8 months ago #87541
by gofer123
Upgrading from the free version to Essential was created by gofer123
Hi,
I have built a site using Joomla 2.5 and Hika ver 2.0.0 can I just buy the Essential version and upgrade my site, is there anything I should be doing other than a backup first?
Cheers
I have built a site using Joomla 2.5 and Hika ver 2.0.0 can I just buy the Essential version and upgrade my site, is there anything I should be doing other than a backup first?
Cheers
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 8 months ago #87574
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Replied by Jerome on topic Upgrading from the free version to Essential
Hi,
Upgrading HikaShop is like making an update.
We always recommend to make a backup but, all of your configuration would kept, like all of your products and your view overrides.
We store overrides in a "extern" directory in order to be sure that Joomla would not delete it while uninstalling or reinstalling the component.
All version of HikaShop uses the same views. During the upgrade, some new files would be added and some files would be upgraded.
Regards,
Upgrading HikaShop is like making an update.
We always recommend to make a backup but, all of your configuration would kept, like all of your products and your view overrides.
We store overrides in a "extern" directory in order to be sure that Joomla would not delete it while uninstalling or reinstalling the component.
All version of HikaShop uses the same views. During the upgrade, some new files would be added and some files would be upgraded.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 8 months ago #87670
by gofer123
Replied by gofer123 on topic Upgrading from the free version to Essential
Thanks Jerome.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.156 seconds