Update to Joomla 3.8.2 and Hikashop 3.2.1 Breaks a LOT of stuff
- Dragon41673
-
Topic Author
- Offline
-- Joomla version -- : 3.8.2
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Chrome
So, I had been speaking with Nicolas and Jerome about my site being updated to Joomla 3.8.2 and Hikashop 3.2.1 on this thread...
www.hikashop.com/forum/install-update/89...elect-next-page.html
Where is was causing an issue moving from one product page to another. The resolution there was to change "Redirect POST mode" to YES. I did that, and tested it and it worked...so I continued to see if I could break things...and I have found SEVERAL issues...so I've turned this back to NO for now.
#1 - When looking at your cart, you cannot select ANY shipping method. It defaults to Priority Mail, and when you try to select First Class...it will not change.
#2 - When trying to check out, it asks to select an address, even though an address is already selected (see image "Select Address" attached)
#3 - When trying to edit the address shown, I get an error saying I have to fill in the associated fields (see image "Edit Address" attached)
So...I'm using the contact us form to send you guys login credentials with admin rights. Can you guys please look into this. I've tried everything I know and cannot resolve the issues. Thank you very much
Owner - Aries Games & Miniatures
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please provide information regarding from which version you are doing your migration.
An update from HikaShop 3.1 to HikaShop 3.2 is not the same than a migration from HikaShop 2.6 to HikaShop 3.2
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Dragon41673
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Jerome wrote: Hello,
Please provide information regarding from which version you are doing your migration.
An update from HikaShop 3.1 to HikaShop 3.2 is not the same than a migration from HikaShop 2.6 to HikaShop 3.2
Regards,
I'm going from 3.2.0 to 3.2.1...newest download from the Hikashop downloads on my account.
Owner - Aries Games & Miniatures
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Dragon41673
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Owner - Aries Games & Miniatures
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Dragon41673
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Owner - Aries Games & Miniatures
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I've had a look at the different points you're talking about with the access you provided but I don't see any of these issues.
No error with the address, I can change the shipping method without any problem, I can finish the checkout, I don't get the {hikashop_social} tag on the product page as it is properly replaced by the social networks like buttons, etc.
I've checked but your staging website is still using the 3.2.1.
So All I can think of is that you had some cache in your browser preventing you from having the latest versions of all the JS files of HikaShop and it created these problems.
Try clearing your browser's cache and try again.
For me, it all looks fine.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Dragon41673
-
Topic Author
- Offline
When I get home tonight from work...I'll try it again...but I tried several browsers and 2 different computers and it was doing everything I posted previously.
I'll give an update as soon as I can...thank you.
Owner - Aries Games & Miniatures
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Posts: 26
- Thank you received: 2
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Dragon41673
-
Topic Author
- Offline
BridgePlus wrote: Maybe an extension like adblock ?
Nope...no extensions like that on the site.
Owner - Aries Games & Miniatures
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Dragon41673
-
Topic Author
- Offline
nicolas wrote: Hi,
I've had a look at the different points you're talking about with the access you provided but I don't see any of these issues.
No error with the address, I can change the shipping method without any problem, I can finish the checkout, I don't get the {hikashop_social} tag on the product page as it is properly replaced by the social networks like buttons, etc.
I've checked but your staging website is still using the 3.2.1.
So All I can think of is that you had some cache in your browser preventing you from having the latest versions of all the JS files of HikaShop and it created these problems.
Try clearing your browser's cache and try again.
For me, it all looks fine.
Nicolas...this is very odd, it was obviously doing what I showed as I have images, and even tried other browsers and computers. So...I've destroied the staging copy, and made a new one, updated Joomla & HikaShop to current versions...and it's doing it all again, so something got changed somehow to resolve the issue on the previous staging copy. I'll send over new access info right now.
Thank you
Owner - Aries Games & Miniatures
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Then it's probably that you have some caching on your website which lead to only some of the files reflecting the update.
For example, maybe your template has CSS or js caching/compression/optimization, or you have a specific extension which does that, or some more generic caching extension.
Please check on these because since we didn't change anything on your staging website and you didn't either, I can only think that it comes from a cache that expired and that's why I didn't see the issue when I looked as the cache had already expired and that why you have the problem again if you reset your staging website.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Dragon41673
-
Topic Author
- Offline
nicolas wrote: Hi,
Then it's probably that you have some caching on your website which lead to only some of the files reflecting the update.
For example, maybe your template has CSS or js caching/compression/optimization, or you have a specific extension which does that, or some more generic caching extension.
Please check on these because since we didn't change anything on your staging website and you didn't either, I can only think that it comes from a cache that expired and that's why I didn't see the issue when I looked as the cache had already expired and that why you have the problem again if you reset your staging website.
No problem, I will triple check everything again...but I'm 99.9% sure I got all those cache's cleared. The template does have one, as does the site obviously. Let me look on the cpanel later today as well as I know that was cleared too...but maybe I missed one. I'll report back as soon as I can.
Owner - Aries Games & Miniatures
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Dragon41673
-
Topic Author
- Offline
I also noticed the newest version of Joomla is available, 3.8.3...so I updated to it to see if it would clear any issues, and it's all still having the same problems. Can someone please take a look. Thank you
Owner - Aries Games & Miniatures
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Posts: 26
- Thank you received: 2
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Dragon41673
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Owner - Aries Games & Miniatures
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I do see the problem on your new staging website.
However I don't see why it would do that.
The data from the checkout page is properly sent to the server.
It's like the data is missing when it arrives to HikaShop on the server side and thus HikaShop just redisplay the page without changing anything.
There are several things you can try:
- try using the new checkout
- try changing the "session handler" of Joomla.
- try to copy that website on your localhost and see if you have the problem there. If no, then it could well be a server related issue.
- try deactivating the system plugins one by one and see if that changes anything.
- try switching to the default template and see if that helps
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Dragon41673
-
Topic Author
- Offline
There's a new checkout system?
Owner - Aries Games & Miniatures
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Yes. You can turn off the "legacy" settings under the "advanced" tab of the HikaShop configuration in order to switch to the new systems.
When you update from a HikaShop 2.x version, these settings are activated so that you don't see any change after the update (in case you had customization etc). It's been almost 1 year that these settings are there
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Dragon41673
-
Topic Author
- Offline
I tried switching to the "new" cart system...and it broke things more. I couldn't add or do anything. I'll try again once this current issue is resolved. Guess I'm going hunting in the next few days to see if I can figure it out.
I'll let you know ASAP
Thank you
Owner - Aries Games & Miniatures
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Dragon41673
-
Topic Author
- Offline
nicolas wrote: Hi,
I do see the problem on your new staging website.
However I don't see why it would do that.
The data from the checkout page is properly sent to the server.
It's like the data is missing when it arrives to HikaShop on the server side and thus HikaShop just redisplay the page without changing anything.
There are several things you can try:
- try using the new checkout
- try changing the "session handler" of Joomla.
- try to copy that website on your localhost and see if you have the problem there. If no, then it could well be a server related issue.
- try deactivating the system plugins one by one and see if that changes anything.
- try switching to the default template and see if that helps
Ok, other than copying the staging site to a localhost (I don't have that ability or knowledge)...I've done everything asked, and nothing has worked. I've even updated to the newest version of Hikashop which is marked 3.2.2 along with Joomla! 3.8.3...and still nothing.
Could one of you guys look in to this please?
Owner - Aries Games & Miniatures
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.