- Posts: 324
- Thank you received: 4
CanadaPost Advanced
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : No shipping method found
Hi there,
I've purchased and installed the CanadaPost Advanced plugin, set it up, and it is still showing me "No shipping method found."
I have enabled the weight based shipping method, so it should show up on everything.
Please advise.
Thanks.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
CanadaPost Advanced shipping plugin requires several things :
- cUrl library.
- Order in CAD currency.
- Weights on all your products.
- Dimensions on all your products if you enabled the "use dimensions" setting.
Depending your configuration, you can accept more countries, but by default "DOM" is for the Canada.
Afterwards, you can still enable the "debug" mode in the plugin in order to see some debug data in the HikaShop log file (click on "see report" to open a popup and see the log content).
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/5...nfig.html#main_files
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I know I have everything else right, except not sure about cUrl library. Is that something I set up on my site, or a hosting side service?
Regards,
Tamara
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Just confirmed with my host that cUrl is enabled.
So now I really don't know why this isn't working, but I spent a big chunk of cash on something that isn't working. Can someone log into my site backend and check the settings please? I can create a temporary Superuser account for you, just tell me where to send the details.
Thanks,
Tamara
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I contacted Godaddy, and they said that cUrl is enabled, but I also found some links to additional code I need to insert to use the cUrl function from Godaddy. As per link: www.bin-co.com/php/articles/curl_in_godaddy.php
Can you please advise where this code would be inserted to make this work? I assume I am not the first person trying to do this on Godaddy, or to have this issue.
Thanks,
Tamara
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Yes cUrl is a PHP library which is related to your hosting.
But I do think that, if you did not have that library, you should have noticed an error message when you configure the "Canada Post Advanced" plugin :
The CanadaPost (Advanced) shipping plugin needs the CURL library installed but it seems that it is not available on your server. Please contact your web hosting to set it up.
By checking the rest of the plugin code, I can tel you that :
- The plugin requires an HikaShop user (not compatible with guest accounts)
- The plugin requires a shipping address
- If that shipping address is in CA or US, a shipping destination postcode is required.
- The configuration requires values for the "origin postcode", username and password
- If there is an error with the Canada Post API and "debug" is on, the error content will be stored in the HikaShop payment log.
If you need, you can send us a private message thanks to our "contact us" page so we can take a first look at your configuration.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
The debug log of the plugin indicates that your "post codes" where not in the right format for the CanadaPost API.
You used the format "ANA NAN" while the API requires "ANANAN" (without spaces).
So, I fixed your configuration and I also add a patch to remove the extra spaces in the customers postcodes.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
That's the proper format for Canadian post codes though! Haha. Guess they just have to complicate everything!
Will test it now.
Regards,
Tamara
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Where do you have that message ?
The CanadaPost plugin do not add such kind of message, so we need to understand where/how you have it to understand the source.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Since I don't know the inner workings of your plugin, I was kind of hoping you'd be able to tell ME why that was happening?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I did pay for this, so I sort of expect it to do what is advertised.
Thanks.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
We are sorry for any inconvenience it may have caused you, it's probably coming from a configuration issue.
Can you send us a temporary back-end access using our contact form so that we can directly test it ? Thank you.
(Please don't forget to add a link to that thread in your message).
Kind regards,
Mohamed.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I already sent the info, and someone had logged in to take a look, but it still wasn't working.
Where should I resend the information?
Thanks.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
You can send it through our contact form, you'll just have to specify a link to that thread in your message :
www.hikashop.com/support/contact-us.html
Kind regards,
Mohamed.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Already sent it directly to you a day or two ago. Here, via the link under your name.
Regards,
Tamara
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
I'm actually having the following error message when I try to use the credentials you sent us :
Username and password do not match or you do not have an account yet.
Also, regarding the error message you are having, did you actually tried to set temporary dimensions like 1x1x1 to that product to prevent that issue from happening ? If the "Use dimension" option is set to NO, that shouldn't be a problem.
Kind regards,
Mohamed.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Use dimensions is set to no. I will check credentials and send to you.
I don't really want to have to set dimensions for hundreds of products just to get this to work, so please take a look and advise.
Will send new password momentarily.
Thanks.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I sent the login info, but no one has fixed this yet?
Getting a little annoyed now. I paid for this plugin. I'd like to know how to actually MAKE IT WORK!
Thanks.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.