Skip to main content

Variants: Showing when deleted

More
13 years 8 months ago #87024 by tony@10uk.net
Hi

Joomla: 1.7
HS: 1.5.8

Product with two characteristics.

All variants created but some deleted as not all combinations are available.

However front end still allows the product selection on the characteristics - when that combination is selected, instead of saying product does not exist, it shows the product as FREE.

What can I do?

How do I stop a particular product combination of variants from showing as existing when they don't.

Tony

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 8 months ago #87119 by Xavier
Hi,

You can't really stop it from showing, when you have many characteristics added to a product, so you have two dropdown with all the values.
And you can't hide some values because with some combinations the variants are published.

So you have to override the translation to change "free" to "Not in sale".

Another solution is to not use the dropdown for the variants selection but a table.
In configuration > display, change the option "Characteristics selection method" to "Table".

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 8 months ago #87154 by tony@10uk.net
If I use the translation to change "Free" to "Product combination not available" or something, then I would still have the Add to Cart button wouldn't I?

How could I stop it showing this?

Tony

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 8 months ago #87328 by nicolas
The add to cart button is only displayed for existing variants. For deleted variants, the add to cart button will not display.

Please give a link to that page so that we can see that, if that's the case.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 8 months ago #87589 by tony@10uk.net
Thanks Nicolas - sorted by changing the translation file and the add to cart button does not show when the variant combination does not exist!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.197 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum