- Posts: 35
- Thank you received: 0
Terms of Service/User Agreement
13 years 6 months ago #93358
by LoonyTune
Terms of Service/User Agreement was created by LoonyTune
Hi
I currently have set up, that when a new user signs up, they have to accept the TOS (in the Joomla sign up process), however, I have Hikashop as the the method of sign up. Is there a way of displaying the TOS with an 'Accept' button?
Cheers
LT
I currently have set up, that when a new user signs up, they have to accept the TOS (in the Joomla sign up process), however, I have Hikashop as the the method of sign up. Is there a way of displaying the TOS with an 'Accept' button?
Cheers
LT
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 6 months ago #93401
by Xavier
Replied by Xavier on topic Terms of Service/User Agreement
Hi,
You can edit the view "user / registration" and add a custom code. This custom code will display a checkbox and text with the link, and some JavaScript to hide the "register" button, and display it if the checkbox is checked.
You can edit the view "user / registration" and add a custom code. This custom code will display a checkbox and text with the link, and some JavaScript to hide the "register" button, and display it if the checkbox is checked.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 6 months ago - 13 years 6 months ago #93531
by LoonyTune
Replied by LoonyTune on topic Terms of Service/User Agreement
Thats sounds great in theory. In reality, I couldn't code myself out of a cardboard box!
If you have any code snippets you are happy to let me use, I would be most greatful
Thanks for you time
LT
If you have any code snippets you are happy to let me use, I would be most greatful
Thanks for you time
LT
Last edit: 13 years 6 months ago by LoonyTune.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 6 months ago #93576
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Terms of Service/User Agreement
Alternatively, you can create a custom field of the table "user" and of the type "checkbox" via the menu Display->Views so that a TOS checkbox appears on the registration form of HikaShop.
Custom fields of the table "user" can be created in commercial editions of HikaShop.
Custom fields of the table "user" can be created in commercial editions of HikaShop.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 6 months ago #93596
by LoonyTune
Replied by LoonyTune on topic Terms of Service/User Agreement
Hi Nicolas and thanks for the input.
I have found the table "user" in the Display->Views, but don't see anywhere to add a custom field. I can open and edit the .php files, but wouldn't know where to start. If I am looking at the wrong thing, please let me know. If I have to hand code a form, then I think thats out of my league (in fact I know it is!)
Cheers
LT
I have found the table "user" in the Display->Views, but don't see anywhere to add a custom field. I can open and edit the .php files, but wouldn't know where to start. If I am looking at the wrong thing, please let me know. If I have to hand code a form, then I think thats out of my league (in fact I know it is!)
Cheers
LT
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Less
More
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
13 years 6 months ago - 13 years 6 months ago #93620
by Mohamed Thelji
Replied by Mohamed Thelji on topic Terms of Service/User Agreement
Hi,
As Nicolas said, you can create a custom field through "Hikashop->Display->Custom fields->'NEW'".
Note that this feature is only available through the business edition of Hikashop.
Hope this will help you a little.
As Nicolas said, you can create a custom field through "Hikashop->Display->Custom fields->'NEW'".
Note that this feature is only available through the business edition of Hikashop.
Hope this will help you a little.
Last edit: 13 years 6 months ago by Mohamed Thelji.
The following user(s) said Thank You: LoonyTune
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 6 months ago #93750
by LoonyTune
Replied by LoonyTune on topic Terms of Service/User Agreement
Thanks for the replies.
I don't have business edition and not sure if I really need to spend that amount for the use I'm currently getting (or expect to get)
Cheers
I don't have business edition and not sure if I really need to spend that amount for the use I'm currently getting (or expect to get)
Cheers
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.182 seconds