Skip to main content

Show brand description

More
13 years 5 months ago - 13 years 5 months ago #100887 by plopje
Hello,

I have added some brands and products in hikashop. Now I do see those products in the front-end when I click on the default brand menu. But where can I change that I also see the brand name and brand description above the product listing. I guess it should be in the views option but I haven't found it yet.

Thanks for the help.

Plopje

Sorry I see it jumped to the wrong category :unsure:
Last edit: 13 years 5 months ago by plopje.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 5 months ago #100959 by Xavier
Replied by Xavier on topic Show brand description
Hi,

The easiest way is to use the brands as categories, add the brands in the category part of the product edition page.
Then create a new menu with the category listing type, and select the brand category.

And you should see the description in the brand listing.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 5 months ago #100984 by plopje
Replied by plopje on topic Show brand description
Yes this far I already came but don't see any description nor brand name. I use the DIV style, so does this mean I have to adjust the 'listing_div.php' file?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 5 months ago #101094 by Xavier
Replied by Xavier on topic Show brand description
Yes, or create "normal" categories with the brands name, and add the category in the product edition page.
By this way the brand will be used as the categories.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 10 months ago #220067 by teamtmedia
Replied by teamtmedia on topic Show brand description
I'm a touch confused. What is the purpose of the description in the brand form in the back-end? Surely this should display in the brand listing?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 10 months ago #220096 by Xavier
Replied by Xavier on topic Show brand description
Hi,

Yes the brand description can be displayed in the brand listings, it depends on your settings in the listing menu / module.
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/i...oduct-interface.html

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.211 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum