- Posts: 103
- Thank you received: 0
Menu Bug (or developer bug??)
13 years 5 months ago #100891
by SuzyBGood
Menu Bug (or developer bug??) was created by SuzyBGood
Hi Guys,
I have Business Edition and have looked at the other posts but cannot find an easy way to create a new category (under root) and put categories I have (that have products in them). So I have ABC at root level (hey I am new!) and now that we are growing (and so our our product list/displays) I'd like to add a PRODUCTS category and put ABC under it. DO I have to delete and recreate?
Thanks!
Susan
I have Business Edition and have looked at the other posts but cannot find an easy way to create a new category (under root) and put categories I have (that have products in them). So I have ABC at root level (hey I am new!) and now that we are growing (and so our our product list/displays) I'd like to add a PRODUCTS category and put ABC under it. DO I have to delete and recreate?
Thanks!
Susan
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 5 months ago #100899
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Replied by Jerome on topic Menu Bug (or developer bug??)
Hi,
When you edit (or create) a category, you can set his parent category.
So you can move an entire category (with all of his products and sub categories) easily.
I don't think that there is a menu bug or a developer bug.
Regards,
When you edit (or create) a category, you can set his parent category.
So you can move an entire category (with all of his products and sub categories) easily.
I don't think that there is a menu bug or a developer bug.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 5 months ago #100916
by SuzyBGood
Replied by SuzyBGood on topic Menu Bug (or developer bug??)
Hi,
Sorry I had two issues at the same time and wrote that one with the wrong subject.
I have a menu MAINMENU that has Shop as parent and about 5 things as child. I display it at the top and it looks fab. No issues. I also then created a side menu and totally did everyhing twice. But I had a lightbulb moment and created another module and just assied the main menu twice (once in the module displayed at the top and then again at the side).
The trouble I am havin gis that the one on the side is displaying two OTHER root level items (not in shop).
So like this
Shop
Item 1
Item 2
Item 3
ParentItem2
Parent Item3
This does not display like this at the top menu.. if I put it down a level and just display the SUBcategories I get 1, 2, 3 and NOT the ParentItem2 etc but then I don't get my SHOP parent item and it does look a bit funny. Am I missing something?
Cheers,
Susan
Sorry I had two issues at the same time and wrote that one with the wrong subject.
I have a menu MAINMENU that has Shop as parent and about 5 things as child. I display it at the top and it looks fab. No issues. I also then created a side menu and totally did everyhing twice. But I had a lightbulb moment and created another module and just assied the main menu twice (once in the module displayed at the top and then again at the side).
The trouble I am havin gis that the one on the side is displaying two OTHER root level items (not in shop).
So like this
Shop
Item 1
Item 2
Item 3
ParentItem2
Parent Item3
This does not display like this at the top menu.. if I put it down a level and just display the SUBcategories I get 1, 2, 3 and NOT the ParentItem2 etc but then I don't get my SHOP parent item and it does look a bit funny. Am I missing something?
Cheers,
Susan
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 5 months ago - 13 years 5 months ago #101091
by Xavier
Replied by Xavier on topic Menu Bug (or developer bug??)
Hi,
Can you give us a screenshot of you categories explorer (backend) ?
I think that you are listing the elements under the parent of "Shop", so it's normal that the ParentItem2 & 3 are displayed.
You can create a category "Mainshop" and put "Shop" inside, then display the childrens of "Mainshop" and you will have "Shop > -Item 1 / -Item 2 / -Item 3"
MainShop
> Shop
>> Item 1
>> Item 2
>> Item 3
ParentItem2
ParentItem3
Can you give us a screenshot of you categories explorer (backend) ?
I think that you are listing the elements under the parent of "Shop", so it's normal that the ParentItem2 & 3 are displayed.
You can create a category "Mainshop" and put "Shop" inside, then display the childrens of "Mainshop" and you will have "Shop > -Item 1 / -Item 2 / -Item 3"
MainShop
> Shop
>> Item 1
>> Item 2
>> Item 3
ParentItem2
ParentItem3
Last edit: 13 years 5 months ago by Xavier.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 5 months ago #101147
by SuzyBGood
Replied by SuzyBGood on topic Menu Bug (or developer bug??)
Hmmm I am not sure I understand. I am not really using categories at all in the main party of joomla (where I set up the menu)
Here is my example:
Cheers,
Susan
Here is my example:
Cheers,
Susan
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 5 months ago #101151
by SuzyBGood
Replied by SuzyBGood on topic Menu Bug (or developer bug??)
.. and here is the screenshot of how the two menus are appearing.
ONE menu (called MainMenu) and two modules (both with same configuration just different positions for display.
Cheers,
Susan
ONE menu (called MainMenu) and two modules (both with same configuration just different positions for display.
Cheers,
Susan
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 5 months ago #101372
by Xavier
Replied by Xavier on topic Menu Bug (or developer bug??)
Sorry, but I don't really understand, everything is displayed as configured in backend.
You have the 6 sub categories of "Shop" displayed under "Shop" and the other menus.
If on the module you only want the shop categories, you have to create another menu, or use a HikaShop module.
But actually your problem don't seem to be an HikaShop one.
You have the 6 sub categories of "Shop" displayed under "Shop" and the other menus.
If on the module you only want the shop categories, you have to create another menu, or use a HikaShop module.
But actually your problem don't seem to be an HikaShop one.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.193 seconds