- Posts: 202
- Thank you received: 2
Custom product fields - add to cart
13 years 4 months ago #103238
by momentis
Custom product fields - add to cart was created by momentis
I have found and read this post about including a custom field in an add-to-cart link:
www.hikashop.com/en/forum/2-general-talk...-product-fields.html
In the post, it describes using a link such as this to add a product to the cart:
If I have two custom fields, can I create the URL to add both of these fields? So, can I do the following:
so that both custom fields are passed to the cart?
www.hikashop.com/en/forum/2-general-talk...-product-fields.html
In the post, it describes using a link such as this to add a product to the cart:
Code:
http://myshop.com/index.php?option=com_hikashop&ctrl=product&task=updatecart&quantity=1&checkout=1&product_id=887&data[item][tracking_id]=123456
If I have two custom fields, can I create the URL to add both of these fields? So, can I do the following:
Code:
http://myshop.com/index.php?option=com_hikashop&ctrl=product&task=updatecart&quantity=1&checkout=1&product_id=887&data[item][tracking_id]=123456&data[item][custom_desc]='product description'
so that both custom fields are passed to the cart?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 4 months ago #103239
by momentis
Replied by momentis on topic Custom product fields - add to cart
And, as a follow-up, how would I add these two fields to display in the cart?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 4 months ago #103248
by momentis
Replied by momentis on topic Custom product fields - add to cart
I found that I can insert both custom fields with one URL, so that part of my question has been answered.
When I add the product to the cart, the two custom fields appear on top of one another, like:
Is there a way to edit the cart itself, so that these two fields appear next to each other? Basically, I want to replace existing columns in the cart (image, product name, price) with the custom fields Product ID and Product Description. Is this possible?
When I add the product to the cart, the two custom fields appear on top of one another, like:
Product ID: 1081-17HT
Product Description: DISS Fittings; DISS Body Adaptors; Body Adaptor, Hose Bard with Hand Grip Collar; Carbon Dioxide
Is there a way to edit the cart itself, so that these two fields appear next to each other? Basically, I want to replace existing columns in the cart (image, product name, price) with the custom fields Product ID and Product Description. Is this possible?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 4 months ago #103262
by momentis
Replied by momentis on topic Custom product fields - add to cart
I am going to open a new topic on this issue. This one has been answered.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 4 months ago #103279
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Replied by Jerome on topic Custom product fields - add to cart
Hi,
Ok.
Regards,
Ok.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.163 seconds