- Posts: 261
- Thank you received: 5
newest products module
13 years 4 months ago #103796
by Sjaak
newest products module was created by Sjaak
Hi
I try to create a newest products module. In this forum I found a related topic that shows this image: www.hikashop.com/media/kunena/attachment.../newest_products.png
Now I have succesfully created a module but it shows a number of products randomly. I want to show the newest created products here. What do I need to do to get the newest products showed?
Additional question: On my webpage I have about 700px of space. The module is only about 500px. So now I have useles whitespace at the left and right side of the module. How can I set it to fill the space?
example: artlantismedia.com
Thanks
I try to create a newest products module. In this forum I found a related topic that shows this image: www.hikashop.com/media/kunena/attachment.../newest_products.png
Now I have succesfully created a module but it shows a number of products randomly. I want to show the newest created products here. What do I need to do to get the newest products showed?
Additional question: On my webpage I have about 700px of space. The module is only about 500px. So now I have useles whitespace at the left and right side of the module. How can I set it to fill the space?
example: artlantismedia.com
Thanks
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 4 months ago #103800
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic newest products module
Hi,
You should turn off the "random" option then.
For the size of the module, either increase the number of elements displayed, or increase the width of the images, or increase the margin between the products and that will increase the width of the module. You will find all the options on the HikaShop options screen of your module.
You should turn off the "random" option then.
For the size of the module, either increase the number of elements displayed, or increase the width of the images, or increase the margin between the products and that will increase the width of the module. You will find all the options on the HikaShop options screen of your module.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 4 months ago #103828
by Sjaak
Replied by Sjaak on topic newest products module
Nicolas,
Thanks for your fast reply,
I was able to increase the width of the module by increasing the margins. Solved for me now.
On the random display......... I turned it off and cleared cache (in browser as well as the server) but the products still show random.
Am I doing something wrong here?
Sjaak
Thanks for your fast reply,
I was able to increase the width of the module by increasing the margins. Solved for me now.
On the random display......... I turned it off and cleared cache (in browser as well as the server) but the products still show random.
Am I doing something wrong here?
Sjaak
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 4 months ago #103847
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic newest products module
I don't know. Please provide a screenshot of the HikaShop options of your module and I might be able to tell you.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 4 months ago #103864
by Sjaak
Replied by Sjaak on topic newest products module
Screenshot attached
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 4 months ago #103875
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic newest products module
The synchronization option should be turned off.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 4 months ago #103889
by Sjaak
Replied by Sjaak on topic newest products module
OK, done, cache cleared, no change. :S
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 4 months ago #104064
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic newest products module
I don't see how it's possible that the products display randomly now. You should always have the same products displayed in the module now...
However, if you want the most recent products, the ordering should be descending and not ascending as right now it should always display the oldest products in the shop.
However, if you want the most recent products, the ordering should be descending and not ascending as right now it should always display the oldest products in the shop.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 4 months ago #104183
by Sjaak
Replied by Sjaak on topic newest products module
Ah Thank you.
That solved it.
Sjaak
That solved it.
Sjaak
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 4 months ago #104412
by Sjaak
Replied by Sjaak on topic newest products module
One small additional question on this topic.
I have set 'show title' on. In the joomla module as well in the hikashop options but the title still doesn't show.
Any ideas how to solve that?
Sjaak
I have set 'show title' on. In the joomla module as well in the hikashop options but the title still doesn't show.
Any ideas how to solve that?
Sjaak
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 4 months ago #104729
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic newest products module
The title is displayed by the template based on the position where you put your module and that title option. If you put your module in a position where the template is not displaying the title of modules (like the header for example), you won't see the title no matter how you configure the show title option.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 4 months ago #104757
by Sjaak
Replied by Sjaak on topic newest products module
Ah, I see. Then that is probably the cause.
It is indeed placed in a header like position.
Thank you
Sjaak
It is indeed placed in a header like position.
Thank you
Sjaak
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.217 seconds