- Posts: 19
- Thank you received: 0
Remove custom Html module on children pages
- Helveticus
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
13 years 4 months ago #106629
by Helveticus
Remove custom Html module on children pages was created by Helveticus
Hi, I wonder how an html custom module can be hidden from view in children menu items. I am currently experimenting with the (free) HikaShop version.
I would like a welcome html module to appear only on the Shop introductory page. For some reason, the module appears on all descendant pages ie.
http://www.../en/shop ----> ok
http://www.../en/shop/category/12-office ---> remove
From what I understand, HikaShop appears not to give access to descendant menu pages (ie categories, items, etc.). This means I cannot explicitly disable the html module in those pages.
Is there an easy way around? TIA for any pointers.
I would like a welcome html module to appear only on the Shop introductory page. For some reason, the module appears on all descendant pages ie.
http://www.../en/shop ----> ok
http://www.../en/shop/category/12-office ---> remove
From what I understand, HikaShop appears not to give access to descendant menu pages (ie categories, items, etc.). This means I cannot explicitly disable the html module in those pages.
Is there an easy way around? TIA for any pointers.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Less
More
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
13 years 4 months ago #106644
by Mohamed Thelji
Replied by Mohamed Thelji on topic Remove custom Html module on children pages
Hi,
If you want to Hide/Remove your custom Html module for some page of your website, I think that you'll just have to do it with the "Module Assignment" option through your module configuration page.
Hope this will help you a little.
If you want to Hide/Remove your custom Html module for some page of your website, I think that you'll just have to do it with the "Module Assignment" option through your module configuration page.
Hope this will help you a little.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Helveticus
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 19
- Thank you received: 0
13 years 4 months ago #106684
by Helveticus
Replied by Helveticus on topic Remove custom Html module on children pages
Thanks for your reply.
Actually, this is what I did. The custom module (ShopWelcome) has been assigned as a module to the Shop menu item. The Shop menu item is of type "Categories listing". This works fine on the Shop landing page but unfortunately the html code of the ShopWelcome module is echoed across all descendant pages at exactly the same position.
Actually, this is what I did. The custom module (ShopWelcome) has been assigned as a module to the Shop menu item. The Shop menu item is of type "Categories listing". This works fine on the Shop landing page but unfortunately the html code of the ShopWelcome module is echoed across all descendant pages at exactly the same position.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 4 months ago #106747
by Xavier
Replied by Xavier on topic Remove custom Html module on children pages
Hi,
Is your home page displaying a category listing ?
If it is, the categories use the same menu, so it's displaying the custom module too.
You can probably display a category module in the home page, in the options of this module select another menu (which can be a hidden menu) for the "menu" option, and don't assign your custom html module to this menu.
Is your home page displaying a category listing ?
If it is, the categories use the same menu, so it's displaying the custom module too.
You can probably display a category module in the home page, in the options of this module select another menu (which can be a hidden menu) for the "menu" option, and don't assign your custom html module to this menu.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.168 seconds