- Posts: 107
- Thank you received: 1
Problem with the "Back" button of the browser
13 years 3 months ago - 13 years 3 months ago #110917
by Ronon
Problem with the "Back" button of the browser was created by Ronon
Hi, I have a problem when I browse for products from my online store. If I press one of the products to see its description, then pulse "Back" button of my browser (In Firefox always fails. On Chrome and Internet Explorer only fails sometimes), I get a error message and I have to recharge the website to back to list of products. Attached the error message I get when I click the "Back" button of the browser. HikaShop Could not send data either to return successfully to the Product List? I use HikaShop Essential.
I translate you the error resulting in Firefox:
Document expired
This document is no longer available.
The document requested is no longer available in the cache of Firefox.Como safety precaution, Firefox does not ask sensibles. Do click on retry to automatically re-order the document from the website.
Thanks for your help, greetings.
I translate you the error resulting in Firefox:
Document expired
This document is no longer available.
The document requested is no longer available in the cache of Firefox.Como safety precaution, Firefox does not ask sensibles. Do click on retry to automatically re-order the document from the website.
Thanks for your help, greetings.
Last edit: 13 years 3 months ago by Ronon.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 3 months ago #110952
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Replied by Jerome on topic Problem with the "Back" button of the browser
Hi,
You do not display a simple product listing.
You should use a filter or something like that. When you arrived to the product listing, a HTML post is done.
Because this "post" is done, when you want to come back to the listing, your internet browser knows that in order to have the same result, it has to resubmit the same post data to the server.
By default the browser do not re-submit a past post without the authorization of the user. That's why you have this warning message which is not an error message at all.
If you use a simple link which point to the product listing, you won't have such problem.
Regards,
You do not display a simple product listing.
You should use a filter or something like that. When you arrived to the product listing, a HTML post is done.
Because this "post" is done, when you want to come back to the listing, your internet browser knows that in order to have the same result, it has to resubmit the same post data to the server.
By default the browser do not re-submit a past post without the authorization of the user. That's why you have this warning message which is not an error message at all.
If you use a simple link which point to the product listing, you won't have such problem.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 3 months ago #111016
by Ronon
Replied by Ronon on topic Problem with the "Back" button of the browser
OK, thank you. For example, a breadcrumb solve the problem, I have worn one but users are not accustomed to using it so they give back the button and get the message is when.
I suppose I could create a custom HTML module and put there a code to go back, creating a link to an image of an arrow and putting together the breadcrumb.
Could you tell me what the HTML code you should put in that module? I do not know programming, thanks again. Greetings.
I suppose I could create a custom HTML module and put there a code to go back, creating a link to an image of an arrow and putting together the breadcrumb.
Could you tell me what the HTML code you should put in that module? I do not know programming, thanks again. Greetings.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 3 months ago #111295
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Replied by Jerome on topic Problem with the "Back" button of the browser
Hi,
I don't think that a module can really help you.
You have to use less form submission.
I don't want to repeat myself so:
Regards,
I don't think that a module can really help you.
You have to use less form submission.
I don't want to repeat myself so:
As I said, the problem don't really come from HikaShop, but the way you use it.You do not display a simple product listing.
You should use a filter or something like that. When you arrived to the product listing, a HTML post is done.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 3 months ago #111299
by Ronon
Replied by Ronon on topic Problem with the "Back" button of the browser
Yes, I understood perfectly, thanks. Only that users are accustomed to using the breadcrumb instead of the browser back button. Greetings.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
9 years 2 weeks ago #278322
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Problem with the "Back" button of the browser
Hi,
For anyone seeing this now, please note that a "fix" was added 2 years ago for that. You just need to activate the "redirect POST mode" setting of the HikaShop configuration and the parameters will go through the URL instead of the POST and thus you won't have that error when using the back button.
For anyone seeing this now, please note that a "fix" was added 2 years ago for that. You just need to activate the "redirect POST mode" setting of the HikaShop configuration and the parameters will go through the URL instead of the POST and thus you won't have that error when using the back button.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.182 seconds