- Posts: 38
- Thank you received: 0
category mod with carousel not linking correctly
13 years 2 months ago #111828
by vmrayner
category mod with carousel not linking correctly was created by vmrayner
My carousel display does not appear to be linking correctly.
Here is what I did:
www.vmrdesigns.com.au/test/SRL_design3/index.php/shop-here
On this page I have a category info module carousel displayed at the top of the page rotating through the four main categories. (cat info mod 344)
I also have a product category menu displayed in an accordion style menu to the left. (cat info module 164) This links correctly to the items displayed in the main area (cat info menu 387).
The side menu links correctly and displays the categories and products how I want them but the carousel menu seems to be linking to something else. The essential oils category image in the carousel is linking to the botanicals sub-category listing for some reason. I have tried to associate the carousel module with the following menus: Hikashop default menu category listing, Menu item for category listing module 164, and the "Shop here" menu item but nothing seems to work. Every image is linking to the incorrect category listing.
is this a bug?
Can you please explain how this works because I can't figure it out if it's me or something else.
Thanks
Viv
Here is what I did:
www.vmrdesigns.com.au/test/SRL_design3/index.php/shop-here
On this page I have a category info module carousel displayed at the top of the page rotating through the four main categories. (cat info mod 344)
I also have a product category menu displayed in an accordion style menu to the left. (cat info module 164) This links correctly to the items displayed in the main area (cat info menu 387).
The side menu links correctly and displays the categories and products how I want them but the carousel menu seems to be linking to something else. The essential oils category image in the carousel is linking to the botanicals sub-category listing for some reason. I have tried to associate the carousel module with the following menus: Hikashop default menu category listing, Menu item for category listing module 164, and the "Shop here" menu item but nothing seems to work. Every image is linking to the incorrect category listing.
is this a bug?
Can you please explain how this works because I can't figure it out if it's me or something else.
Thanks
Viv
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 2 months ago #111867
by Eliot
Replied by Eliot on topic category mod with carousel not linking correctly
Hi Viv,
I just tested your website and the carousel is redirecting to the same page as you main categories.
So I don't see where your problem is, could you give us more information?
I just tested your website and the carousel is redirecting to the same page as you main categories.
So I don't see where your problem is, could you give us more information?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 2 months ago #111900
by vmrayner
Replied by vmrayner on topic category mod with carousel not linking correctly
Sure,
With the carousel images displayed in top left (showing the 4 categories) ....if you click on the essential oils image - it takes you to the botanicals category listing page instead of the essential oils listing. I would think that the images should link to their corresponding categories. It doesn't appear to be working. Scroll through the images and click on each and see what listing appears. I think it is linking incorrectly.
thanks
Viv
With the carousel images displayed in top left (showing the 4 categories) ....if you click on the essential oils image - it takes you to the botanicals category listing page instead of the essential oils listing. I would think that the images should link to their corresponding categories. It doesn't appear to be working. Scroll through the images and click on each and see what listing appears. I think it is linking incorrectly.
thanks
Viv
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 2 months ago #111932
by Eliot
Replied by Eliot on topic category mod with carousel not linking correctly
Hi there,
That's indeed a bug we fixed for product but not for categories.
What you have to do is replace this line
With this:
in the view carrousel of categories (Display>views)
That's indeed a bug we fixed for product but not for categories.
What you have to do is replace this line
Code:
echo '<div class="product_slide" style="width:'.$widthCat.'px; height:'.$heightCat.'px; position:absolute; top:0; left:0; ">';
$nbSlide++;
With this:
Code:
$zindex = 3;
if($nbSlide){
$zindex = 1;
}
echo '<div class="product_slide" style="width:'.$widthCat.'px; height:'.$heightCat.'px; position:absolute; top:0; left:0; z-index:'.$zindex.';">';
$nbSlide++;
in the view carrousel of categories (Display>views)
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 2 months ago #112033
by vmrayner
Replied by vmrayner on topic category mod with carousel not linking correctly
Hi Eliot
Thanks for the suggestion but I have made that change to the code in the Display>views> category> carousel so now the code looks like this:
$count=0; $nbSlide=0;
foreach($this->rows as $row){
if($count==0){
$zindex = 3;
if($nbSlide){
$zindex = 1;
}
echo '<div class="product_slide" style="width:'.$widthCat.'px; height:'.$heightCat.'px; position:absolute; top:0; left:0; z-index:'.$zindex.';">';
$nbSlide++;
}
$this->row =& $row;
?>
Have emptied the cache in the browser but the problem is still happening.
Any ideas?
Thanks for the suggestion but I have made that change to the code in the Display>views> category> carousel so now the code looks like this:
$count=0; $nbSlide=0;
foreach($this->rows as $row){
if($count==0){
$zindex = 3;
if($nbSlide){
$zindex = 1;
}
echo '<div class="product_slide" style="width:'.$widthCat.'px; height:'.$heightCat.'px; position:absolute; top:0; left:0; z-index:'.$zindex.';">';
$nbSlide++;
}
$this->row =& $row;
?>
Have emptied the cache in the browser but the problem is still happening.
Any ideas?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 2 months ago #112082
by Eliot
Replied by Eliot on topic category mod with carousel not linking correctly
My bad, I forget this part, you have to change this:
to This:
Code:
$fadeStartNext='
try{
slides[currentIndex].fade("out");
slides[currentIndex = currentIndex < slides.length - 1 ? currentIndex+1 : 0].fade("in");
}catch(err){
slides[currentIndex].effect("opacity", {duration: 400, transition: Fx.Transitions.linear}).start(0);
slides[currentIndex = currentIndex < slides.length - 1 ? currentIndex+1 : 0].effect("opacity", {duration: 400, transition: Fx.Transitions.linear}).start(1);
}';
$fadeStartPrev='
try{
slides[currentIndex].fade("out");
slides[currentIndex = currentIndex-1 < 0 ? slides.length-1 : currentIndex-1].fade("in");
}catch(err){
slides[currentIndex].effect("opacity", {duration: 400, transition: Fx.Transitions.linear}).start(0);
slides[currentIndex = currentIndex-1 < 0 ? slides.length-1 : currentIndex-1].effect("opacity", {duration: 400, transition: Fx.Transitions.linear}).start(1);
}';
to This:
Code:
$fadeStartNext='
try{
slides[currentIndex].fade("out").style.zIndex=1;
slides[currentIndex = currentIndex < slides.length - 1 ? currentIndex+1 : 0].fade("in").style.zIndex=3;
}catch(err){
slides[currentIndex].effect("opacity", {duration: 400, transition: Fx.Transitions.linear}).start(0);
slides[currentIndex = currentIndex < slides.length - 1 ? currentIndex+1 : 0].effect("opacity", {duration: 400, transition: Fx.Transitions.linear}).start(1);
}';
$fadeStartPrev='
try{
slides[currentIndex].fade("out").style.zIndex=1;
slides[currentIndex = currentIndex-1 < 0 ? slides.length-1 : currentIndex-1].fade("in").style.zIndex=3;
}catch(err){
slides[currentIndex].effect("opacity", {duration: 400, transition: Fx.Transitions.linear}).start(0);
slides[currentIndex = currentIndex-1 < 0 ? slides.length-1 : currentIndex-1].effect("opacity", {duration: 400, transition: Fx.Transitions.linear}).start(1);
}';
The following user(s) said Thank You: vmrayner
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.208 seconds