Problem loading any page

• Thank you received: 0
13 years 1 week ago #11480

I'm just getting started with HikaShop Essential. I can't get any products or categories to display. I have all the modules enabled. I tried loading a products listing, a products page and a category listing through a menu and no matter what I do I get a "problem loading page" error when I test the menu. I also tried creating a menu module and get the same errors. I've tried everything on the "Content display on the front end". I think I've read all the documentation on the subject but I must be missing something in the Hikashop configuration. I appreciate any guidance. website is www.phoenixrbt.com . Thank you. :S

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13037
13 years 1 week ago #11481

Could you publish one of the menu your created and tell us where you have it on your website so that we can have a look at the problem ?

13 years 1 week ago #11483

I have five menus published because I was trying different options in an attempt to figure out what I'm doing wrong. There's a module on the right hand side that has three menus: UTM Kits and Ammmo, NLTA Protective Gear and Portable Training Facility. I also have 2 sub menus under the UTM top menu option. If you hover over UTM (on the top menu) you'll see UTM Ammunition and Conversion Kits. They are both trying to open a product page/listing. Thanks for taking a look. Dan

13 years 1 week ago #11485

I see that all these menus have a index.php in the url but all your other menus don't. That means that the problem probably comes from this so I would say that the problem is related to SEF. What SEF extension do you use ? What settings do you have for SEF in joomla ?

13 years 1 week ago #11486

I've installed ARTIO JoomSEF extension. I haven't changed any of the settings for SEF in joomla. I'll look at the settings now and try to print a report. Thanks

13 years 1 week ago #11487

The problem probably comes from the fact that there is no plugin for hikashop for joomsef. Maybe they have a way to tell joomsef to use the standard SEF system for hikashop ?

13 years 1 week ago #11488

If I can't get joomsef to work with hikashop do you have a SEF program that you recommend? thanks again for the prompt support. I've been trying to figure this out for a few days and was getting pretty frustrated. Thank you.

13 years 1 week ago #11489

HikaShop is compatible with the default joomla SEF (you don't need a 3rd party extension to have SEFed URLs) and sh404SEF. There is also aceSEF which have a plugin for hikashop available.

13 years 1 week ago #11490

I didn't realize Joomla had built in SEFed URLs. I'll try to figure out how to enable that and I'll uninstall the joomsef. I'll let you know if that doesn't fix my problem. Thanks again. Dan

Time to create page: 0.071 seconds