Pathway Breadcrumbs

• Thank you received: 6
11 years 8 months ago #58825

Hello,

I have a website I am ready to launch: king.artisanwebandprint.com

I am having trouble with the breadcrumbs even though I have read the forums and followed your advice. Here is what is happening:

1. Click on Portfolios - in main menu. This opens the category view page where there is a picture of the Country or Type and the name associated with it. At this point the breadcrumbs are right: Home>Portfoio. If I click on a category, like Spain, the breadcrumbs are right: Home>Portfolio>Spain. However, if I click on a photograph in the Spain Gallery the photographs title replaces Spain in the breadcrumbs to become: Home>Portfolio>"Name of Photograph" effectively eliminating Spain from the pathway. This is incorrect.

2. If you use the dropdown menu and click on Spain and then the photograph, the pathway is correct: Home>Portfolio>Spain>"Name of Photograph"

All the best,

Dawn

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13037
11 years 8 months ago #58874

Hi,

That's because you need to toggle the option "simplified breadcrumbs" in the configuration of HikaShop.
Then the breadcrumb will display like you want.

• Thank you received: 6
11 years 8 months ago #58949

Thank you! That resolved the problem. It seems that I skipped the beginner steps and jumped right into the advanced stuff. Thanks again.

Dawn

Time to create page: 0.057 seconds