New user overwrites existing ones in the system!!!

• Thank you received: 2
1 year 11 months ago #341260

-- HikaShop version -- : 4.5.0
-- Joomla version -- : 4.1.2
-- PHP version -- : 7.4.29
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : any browser
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : New user overwrites existing ones in the system!!!

Hi guys,

i'm having serious problem after updating to joomla 4, as soon as a new user registers one of the existing accounts get overwritten and the user sees his details (address, phone number, orders etc.)
This is reallu urgent so i took back the live J4 site into folder and reverted back to Joomla 3.10.28 which was and is working fine in regards to this.

You can replicate this if you create e new user on the front end and add anything in the cart, then go to checkout and you'll see data from another user!

This message contains confidential information

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13062
1 year 11 months ago #341262

Hi,

This seems to indicate that the id of the user changed in the joomla users table, but that the user_cms_id in the hikashop_user table was not updated accordingly.
Normally, installing again the HikaShop install package should resynchronize the user_cms_id of the hikashop_user table with the id
of the joomla users table and fix the problem, supposing that my theory on the problem is correct.

1 year 11 months ago #341268

Reinstalling HikaShop did not helped, i've just registered new user and i have all the details from a random user.
In HikaShop users the last user has id: 11053, while the user i've just created has the id: 10971 and it's showing the details of that user.

• Thank you received: 13062
1 year 11 months ago #341269

Hi,

I'm not sure what you're talking about.
Are you talking about the user_cms_id, or the user_id or the id in the users table of Joomla ? Or the ID on the users listing interface in the HikaShop backend interface ?
What if you create yet another new user ? Do you have the id 10972 ? Or another seemingly random number ?
Is the HikaShop user synchronization plugin enabled in the Joomla plugins manager ?
And if you look at the hikashop_user table structure in the database via your PHPMyAdmin, is the auto_increment flag still on ? And do you still have a unique key on the "user_email" column ?

1 year 11 months ago #341277

I'm talking about the ID that's shown when i go to Components/Hikashop/Users.
I've just created new user and he got ID 10973, then the next one got 10974.
Synchronisation plugin is enabled.
This is the way the hikashop_user table looks:

Would it help if i drop all hikashop tables in the joomla 4 installation and import them from the J3 database and then reinstall hikashop?

1 year 11 months ago #341280

Ok so i dumped all the J4 tables with user in the name, exported them from J3 and imported them in the new db, then fixed joomla database issues, reinstalled hikashop and now everything works as it should.

The following user(s) said Thank You: nicolas

Time to create page: 0.071 seconds