- Posts: 37
- Thank you received: 0
Module class suffix not working?
I have added a "related products" module under the product details and added the module class suffix "box3" to it under the Joomla Module Options, however no changes appear on the frontend.
Simon
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
www.hikashop.com/support/forum/2-general...ix.html?lang=en#4058
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I have made the changes as described in the post you linked to and now all it seems to do is add the title twice.
I am trying to use the module class suffix of "title2", which I have added to the module options inside joomla. Other modules using this suffix are displayed as such;
The code that is being outputted from this module is;
Any advice? I only want this styling on the module when it is used at the bottom of the product view to show related products so don't really want to start editing the module itself.
I am afraid I am running on localhost at the moment so cannot provide a link for you.
I look forward to your response.
Regards
Simon
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Basically what I want to do is apply a module class suffix through the module manager so that any modules displayed inside the component itself display exactly the same as they would if displayed in a 'normal' module position.
I hope this can be achieved in order to keep the same style across the site.
Regards
Simon
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
In your module class suffix option, just add a space a the beginning and that should do it
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Added the space but still no difference - It is still displaying as in the screenshot - with two titles...
To me the problem seems to be the difference between the containing DIVS - if you look at a standard module it starts;
whereas your module starts;
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
The fact that you have twice the title is normal in such case. Normally, without the xhtml style, there is no title added by joomla. So HikaShop add the title itself. Now joomla adds the title and HikaShop as well.
But you can easily remove the one from HikaShop. You can just edit the file listing of the view product via the menu Display->Views and remove the echo $name; near the top.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I am using a template by rockettheme using the gantry framework.
Look at their documentation ( www.gantry-framework.org/documentation/j...ing-module-positions ), it appears that modules are displayed like this;
<div id="rt-exampleposition">
<?php echo $gantry->displayModules('example','standard','standard'); ?>
<div class="clear"></div>
</div>
explained as;
displayModules(positionname,modulelayouttype,modulechromelayout);
Do you have any idea how I would transfer this to HikaShop?
Simon
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
So if you see a function modChrome_example with the html you're interested in, you will want to replace "xhtml" in the code of the post I talked about in my first message by "example".
That way, joomla will use that chrome/style to display the hikashop modules. You will want to test that modification in the file show of the view product which is where your related module is loaded by hikashop with the code echo JModuleHelper::renderModule($module);.
So, for that example, you would replace it by: echo JModuleHelper::renderModule($module,array('style'=>'example'));
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Worked a treat using
echo JModuleHelper::renderModule($module,array('style'=>'standard'));
Had to fiddle with the templates a little, removing some divs, changing classes etc but this was the big problem.
Still playing with the component but don't see any reason why I won't be leaving you a good review on JED
Hopefully this will help some other using Rockettheme's Gantry powered templates!
Take it easy
Simon
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.