- Posts: 8
- Thank you received: 1
Artisteer Template Not Working
14 years 7 months ago #41401
by ranwaldo
Artisteer Template Not Working was created by ranwaldo
Running: Artisteer 3.1.0, Joomla 2,5,1, HikaShop Starter 1.5.6
I am having problems getting the HikaShop module to render correctly. It should appear as a vertical menu.
I have it set up as follows:
- HikaShop Module 'HikaShop Options'
- 'Type of layout' = 'List'
- 'UL class name' = ' art-vmenu'
The result looks like this:
The top module shown is a vertical menu, rendered properly. Below it is the HikaShop module rendered incorrectly. Looking at the HTML and CSS, it seems that the HikaShop module is being displayed in the sidebar as both a Vertical Menu and a Content Module.
In the HTML line of code:
If the class name 'art-blockcontent-body' is removed (with Firebug) the module is rendered correctly.
I am looking for a fix or workaround for this issue.
~ranwaldo
I am having problems getting the HikaShop module to render correctly. It should appear as a vertical menu.
I have it set up as follows:
- HikaShop Module 'HikaShop Options'
- 'Type of layout' = 'List'
- 'UL class name' = ' art-vmenu'
The result looks like this:
The top module shown is a vertical menu, rendered properly. Below it is the HikaShop module rendered incorrectly. Looking at the HTML and CSS, it seems that the HikaShop module is being displayed in the sidebar as both a Vertical Menu and a Content Module.
In the HTML line of code:
Code:
<div class="art-box-body art-blockcontent-body">
If the class name 'art-blockcontent-body' is removed (with Firebug) the module is rendered correctly.
I am looking for a fix or workaround for this issue.
~ranwaldo
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 7 months ago #41446
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Artisteer Template Not Working
Hi,
The class art-blockcontent-body as well as the whole div is added by your template. So I don't know how to remove it. You should ask that to artisteer support.
However, I think that you should be able to circumvent that with some CSS. In order to give you the exact CSS to use, I would have to look at that page with firebug directly. Could you give a link to it ?
The class art-blockcontent-body as well as the whole div is added by your template. So I don't know how to remove it. You should ask that to artisteer support.
However, I think that you should be able to circumvent that with some CSS. In order to give you the exact CSS to use, I would have to look at that page with firebug directly. Could you give a link to it ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 7 months ago - 14 years 7 months ago #41502
by ranwaldo
Replied by ranwaldo on topic Re: Artisteer Template Not Working
Hello Nicolas,
Thank you for the reply. I have managed to find a workaround. It seems like a real hack, but it works for me at the moment. With the '!important' option set, this CSS will override some of the 'blockcontent-body' settings.
Set 'Basic Options'> 'Module Class Suffix' = ' art-hika-mod'.
Then add the following code to the Artisteer template 'CSS Options':
I still have HikaShop Module 'HikaShop Options' set as follows:
- 'Type of layout' = 'List'
- 'UL class name' = ' art-vmenu'
Part of the message is hidden for the guests. Please log in or register to see it.
The site is currently under development in a conversion from osCommerce to Joomla/HikaShop.
Thank you for the reply. I have managed to find a workaround. It seems like a real hack, but it works for me at the moment. With the '!important' option set, this CSS will override some of the 'blockcontent-body' settings.
Set 'Basic Options'> 'Module Class Suffix' = ' art-hika-mod'.
Then add the following code to the Artisteer template 'CSS Options':
Code:
.art-hika-mod li {
background-image: none !important;
padding: 0px !important;
margin: -4px 0px 4px -3px !important;
width: 103.5% !important;
}
.art-hika-mod a {
text-decoration: none !important;
}
.art-hika-mod div>div>div {
background-color: #E8C782 !important;
}
I still have HikaShop Module 'HikaShop Options' set as follows:
- 'Type of layout' = 'List'
- 'UL class name' = ' art-vmenu'
Part of the message is hidden for the guests. Please log in or register to see it.
The site is currently under development in a conversion from osCommerce to Joomla/HikaShop.
Last edit: 14 years 7 months ago by ranwaldo.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 7 months ago #41513
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Artisteer Template Not Working
It's, that a solution like that I had in mind. !important is really useful when you want to override styling of default CSS of your website template.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 7 months ago #41517
by ranwaldo
Replied by ranwaldo on topic Re: Artisteer Template Not Working
Thx Nicolas. Next challenge: get it to display with 'All direct subcategories' (rather than 'No child elements'). When I set this if breaks everything again. I would also like to have it dynamically expand the subcategories like your demo site does. If I run into trouble with this I will open a new thread.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 7 months ago #41519
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Artisteer Template Not Working
If you want to use 'All direct subcategories', you will indeed have to write some custom CSS as the templates do not define any styling for accordion styles so HikaShop cannot "adapt" to it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ranwaldo
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.176 seconds