Show cart module only when it has something in

• Thank you received: 0
13 years 2 months ago #6189

How do you configure the cart module to display only when a product has been added?

Also can the cart be hidden during the checkout sequence.

Also the content of the checkout extends beyond the width of the centre colum on my template - most fits but the addresses seem too wide.

The semi developed site can be seen on the temporary server at:
tiger.directrouter.co.uk/~clinitas/

By the way I think you have done a great job with this - I don't really need the extra features of the paid for versions but will upgrade anyways when the site is sorted to support the project.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13035
13 years 2 months ago #6210

Hi,

You cannot hide the cart module when it is empty. That's a feature which has been requested last week by someone else. We'll look at adding it in the future. For now it's not possible.

You can look at that thread for the checkout width: www.hikashop.com/en/support/forum/4-how-...tion-page-width.html

13 years 1 month ago #6724

Hi,

I'm afraid, it is not as simple. I mean, that you cannot hide the cart if it is empty. I spent precious time with trying to fix it before found this topic of the forum. However, I can't belive that. CAN NOT HIDE THE SHOPPING CART, IF IT IS EMPTY????? Ohhh, my...

1. There is a default joomla behaviour, "Hide the module if empty" or something. Why had to be neglected it??

2. My site is not a shop. The shop is only one tab in the top menu. However, I can not hide the cart on NONE OF MY PAGES due to this stupid behaviour of the cart. Nonsense! If I used Hikacart in prod mode, than legal regulation oblige me to provide many more data BECAOUSE there is a shopping cart on any given page of my site. If not giving the extra information, I'm fined heavily. At present, I use Sebercart, where this "empty cart hiding" issue is handled like a dream. The only thing I bought this cart, 'couse Seber finished development last August. Under this circumstances, I can never ever use this Hikashop, and now it is wasted money. Plus 3 days wasted work.

Is that really so, that a normal and Joomla-standard, default modul-behaviour is overriden, just because "somebody asked"? Nonsense. Unbeliveble.
After reading the quoted topic, I still do not understand the reason for prohibition of hiding the empty cart.

Very, very sad issue.

13 years 1 month ago #6725

Hi,

I understand your frustration but please understand that this request was brought to us only a few weeks ago. So far no one complained so apparently it's not something that a lot of people wanted so far. We will do it but please let us some time to do it. Everyone wants the feature they need to be the first on the line but that's not possible. We already said on another topic that it will be done and it will, in the near future. But it won't be tonight unfortunately.

13 years 1 month ago #6727

Actually, we'll add that into next release (this week or next week)

13 years 1 month ago #6743

nicolas wrote:

Hi,

Asking favours against my family traditions. Sorry to bother you with my problem. I had a bad luck, that's life. Still I appreciate your hard work, since I did something similar for many decades.

It was (and it IS still) too unbelievable, that a commercial extension hacks the standard joomla modul settings, and "resistant" to any tools, like the Advanced Module Manager. :blink: Perhaps I was so far lucky with the purchased extensions from rsjoomla and similar professionals, because their moduls always became hidden if being set to "Hide if empty". Sorry, but I'm really shocked.

Best regards,
aki

13 years 1 month ago #6747

The "hide if empty" is not a "standard" option for joomla modules but it's something that a lot of developers do indeed in their modules because advanced module manager supports it. You can search on google to see that a lot of people are trying to hide their modules because there is no such option in joomla modules and there are several solutions proposed, AMM being the most used one:
www.google.com/search?sourceid=chrome&ie...+empty+joomla+module
We had other priorities when we started HikaShop and that functionality wasn't something we thought would be "vital", that's all.

13 years 1 week ago #11365

nicolas wrote:

Is this implemented in the current version? If yes: Where is the tiny button to enable this? :)

13 years 1 week ago #11366

Yes it is. As explained in the post above, that is a possibility provided by the Advanced Module Manger extension, so you need it to activate that possibility. Also, you need to override the language file of hikashop to replace the "Cart is empty" message with an empty string.

13 years 2 days ago #12189

Is this also possible without this extension? The advanced module manager isn't (yet) available for 1.6 which I'm using :S

13 years 2 days ago #12201

The only alternative would be to put your cart in a position of your template where you don't display the title of your modules and just do the translation modification above mentioned.

• Thank you received: 2
  • Hikashop Business
12 years 1 week ago #44082

is there any news of hiding cart module if the cart is empty?

12 years 6 days ago #44351

The advanced module manager extension is available for Joomla 2.5 so you can do that by overriding the default cart message so that it is empty via a translation override and then hide the module display with that extension.

The following user(s) said Thank You: arnask

• Thank you received: 1
11 years 2 months ago #87090

Hello Nicolas,

Has this function been intergrated into Hikashop yet or are you still saying to use Advanced Module Manager?

Thanks
Erik

• Thank you received: 2322
11 years 2 months ago #87139

Hi,

I don't think that this functionality has been integrated to hikashop due to the number of functionalities to develop.
But it still on our Todo list.

11 years 2 months ago #87169

Ok maybe you can help in that case. I have downloaded the free version of Advanced Module Manager and have selected "Hide If Empty" for the Hika Shop shopping cart module. IT DOESN'T WORK! The shopping cart is still visible dispite being empty.

However, I have noticed that on the pro (paid for version) of Advance Module Manager, that there's a Hika Shop feature. Does this mean I have to spend another 50 Euros to eventually be able to hide the shopping cart when empty???

• Hikashop Business
11 years 2 months ago #87176

or you can use old and free version of AMM

11 years 2 months ago #87218

Hi Arnask

Have you actually managed to get AMM to hide the shopping cart when empty?

• Hikashop Business
11 years 2 months ago #87219

erik_jung wrote: Hi Arnask

Have you actually managed to get AMM to hide the shopping cart when empty?

Yes, but only with old version of AMM. I updated AMM some time ago and noticed that it does not work, so i installed an old version of this.
Also i've noticed one thing, that if something is working great and you don't have any problems - don't update! unless there are some real security issues fixed with new update.

P.S. i'm using Advanced Module Manager v2.4.2

File Attachment:

File Name: AdvancedMo..._4_2.zip
File Size:1,195 KB

Attachments:
Last edit: 11 years 2 months ago by arnask.

11 years 2 months ago #87241

I agree with you and I am also of the school that; if it ain't broke don't try 'n fix it.

That said I did download and try v2.4.2 but alas same problem. It just won't hide the shopping cart module when it's empty.

Frankly I've given up on this now and I think it should be something that Hikashop should seriously consider implementing considering the amount of annoyances this is causing.

Thanks again for trying to help. :-(

The following user(s) said Thank You: gili

Time to create page: 0.141 seconds