- Posts: 12
- Thank you received: 0
Shipping Not Showing (I went thru the FAQ)
or they sell merchandise (t-shirts & hats)
I have the tickets selling fine but for the merchandise the weight for one t-shirt I put as 1 lb. so that the tickets (having no weight) should not trigger any shipping.
During checkout, the shipping option to choose which shipper does not appear for the products with weight and the shipping fees are not added into the Authorize.net total either.
I do have "shipping" chosen as part of the checkout flow.
How can I make the shipping options show for the merchandise purchases during checkout? I have both USPS and UPS shippers set up with no zones attached. I tried with zones and that didn't fix it.
Thanks
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Do you have set a weight for your merchandises, and set a minimum weight in your shipping options ?
Could you give us screenshots of your UPS & USPS configuration ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
In the UPS plugin, please remove the dashed at the beginning of the post code and the city name. Also, it's possible that the shipping method that you select there is not available with the from/to address and weight/dimensions of your products in your cart. So you could try to check more shipping methods to make sure that the UPS plugin is working properly.
Also, make sure that your products have dimensions.
If you don't get any shipping methods displayed on your checkout, you should get error messages displayed by the UPS/USPS plugins explaining what is going on. If you don't get any error message even thought no shipping methods are found and that you already have entered an address, then it's your template which is not displaying error messages because it is missing the jdoc include tag for error messages.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
But when they prepay to see a show, they should not need to login or give an address to buy a "ticket". They only need to bring their receipt to the show.
So how can I have the "Login and Address" part of the checkout flow NOT show for ticket only purchases?
Thanks!
P.S. the shipping is still not showing up during checkout. I think because I don't have login or address in the checkout flow because I don't want the ticket buyers to have to do that part?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I think that you could maybe remove the address step dynamically, I think that it can be done in the file "components/com_hikashop/views/checkout/view.html.php", in the function "step();"
You can do something like:
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Sorry, you have to put the previous code in the function display(), after: "$this->steps=explode(',',$checkout);".
And you have to use a payment method which no require the address of the customer, like payment by check.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I have another client with hikashop and everything works fine so this is so odd?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Could you give us a screenshot of one of your shipping method configuration, and one product configuration ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
So there is no shipping method displayed.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
No, it's an override of the value, it does not make additions.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
You can execute a SQL query in order to update all variants for your main products.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
1.) The weight should be on the product; not depending on the characteristic's weights. The variations could still ADD or subtract weight from the original product.
2.) Login and Address needs to be optional for downloadables or e-ticket sales which do not require shipping.
Currently, for this project, their UPS and USPS user id and passwords are not working so until I receive those I cannot continue but I have them set up with manual shipping temporarily which is working now. I'm about to go to the other client's hikashop and re-check that all her products are charging for shipping. I had no idea that not declaring weight on a variation would render the product's weight to zero. *sigh*
There is a problem also now with alignment of the forms required during registration. The "Login" form is pushing the "Register" form too far right which is pushing the right modules down to the bottom of the page.
When I looked at the CSS to adjust the width of them, I saw that the "Registration" AND the "HikaShop Cart Module" both use the class .form from the main site's template.css. So if I declare an actual width, both of them change. Now I have to figure out how change the class on one of them without affecting functionality... This is a kind of a messy problem to be handled over a forum so I'm going to try to tackle that one on my own but I thought I should bring it to your attention that each section should require a unique class in order to avoid this.
Thanks for so much help I'll let you know how things go...
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Thanks
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.