How to override the hikashop Module?

• Thank you received: 8
  • Hikashop Business
1 year 2 months ago #348049

-- HikaShop version -- : 3,3,0
-- Joomla version -- : 3,10
-- PHP version -- : 7

Hi I thought it would be simple to override the Hikashop module but it ain't.
I went about the template and created an override forthe module, so it did but I only have the default.php which creates the kind of header fo the product but refers to an $html created before. Is there a way to override that $html file?
Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13037
1 year 2 months ago #348052

Hi,

Yes. The modules use standard views in HikaShop. That's because at the beginning, it was possible to override views of components but not modules. So like other views in HikaShop, you can edit that $html in Display>Views.
Like any area displayed by HikaShop on your website, you can use the "Display view files" setting in the HikaShop configuration to know which view file to edit. Although I'm not sure if that setting was already in HikaShop 3.3.0, so that might be why you have a hard time knowing what to edit. If you don't have the setting, I would need you to tell me which part of which module you want to change to be able to tell you which view file to edit.

• Thank you received: 8
  • Hikashop Business
1 year 2 months ago #348064

Hi Nicolas,
I Don't see the display>Views anywhere.
In the end, I just want to have the product description showing up + adding a couple of things inside that html. I'm using the HikaShop Content Module.
Thanks.

• Thank you received: 13037
1 year 2 months ago #348067

Hi,

Display>Views is a menu of the backend of HikaShop, similar to the System>Payment methods menu for example.
Here is more information about it:
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/1...-display.html#layout
I understand you want to edit the layout of the product information on the listing displayed by the HikaShop content module.
Supposing you're using the default layout ( which is "image and title" and can be changed under the "HikaShop options" tab of the module settings in the Joomla modules manager ), you'll want to edit the view file product / listing_img_title

Time to create page: 0.058 seconds