Affiliates automatic activation, how to do it?

• Thank you received: 8
5 years 3 months ago #302011

Hello,
I don't understand how to automatically activate new users as affiliates.

New users:
the only way is to have them register through Hikashop and click the checkbox for the affiliation? Will this automatically activate them as partners?

Existing users:
Is there a quick way for an existing user to request affiliation and be activated? I tested with a demo account but in their affiliate page the activation is set to "NO" and there is no option to request activation.

Thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13064
5 years 3 months ago #302012

Hi,

Yes, you can have the checkbox. If you want to auto activate all the new users, then configure that checkbox prechecked and hide it with CSS. That way, all the new users going through the HikaShop registration form will be affiliates.

For existing users, they can turn on the activation setting on their affiliate page and click on the save button. You can also activate them via the backend, and if you want to mass activate all of them, you can do that with a mass action to set the user_partner_activated column to 1.

5 years 3 months ago #302028

Thank you Nicolas,

another question:
users that are registered through Joomla but not through Hikashop need to register again through the Hikashop form in order for them to be activated as affiliates?

• Thank you received: 4004
5 years 3 months ago #302035

Hello,

CF the second part of the Nicolas message :

For existing users, they can turn on the activation setting on their affiliate page and click on the save button

Performing a registration in Joomla will create an HikaShop user too, but since it's not the HikaShop registration form, the affiliate data (such as the rest of the HikaShop fields) won't be provided by the user. So it need to fill them later and they are pages for that.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

5 years 3 months ago #302046

Performing a registration in Joomla will create an HikaShop user too, but since it's not the HikaShop registration form, the affiliate data (such as the rest of the HikaShop fields) won't be provided by the user. So it need to fill them later and they are pages for that.

I understand but I could still have user register via Joomla and then use a mass action to activate them as affiliate (since a Hikashop user is being created too), isn't it?
They could fill in the email for payment and their customer details (address etc.) later, that i snot really a priority for me.

Thank you

• Thank you received: 13064
5 years 3 months ago #302047

Hi,

Yes, you can use a mass action with a trigger "before or after a user is created" with an "update the values" action on that user_partner_activated column to do it.

Time to create page: 0.074 seconds