• Hikashop Business
8 years 6 days ago #236429

-- HikaShop version -- : newest
-- HikaAuction version -- : 1.0.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.5.1
-- PHP version -- : 5.6
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : moz

Dear Hikashop,

Sorry to say, but i am a bit disappointed in HikaAuction. I miss some crucial options that I really need for a propper auction. I know it's version 1.0.0, so see my remarks as positive input :-) As Hikashop is the best webshop there is, i know you can do this :-)

- "Confirm Bid" button after pressing first "bid" button.
Because you can't withdraw your bid, and u are legally obliged to buy the product, i want my bidders to press twice (Bid & Confirm bid).

- Show VAT & other costs
After pressing "Bid" you should see the price, VAT and maybe auction costs, before clicking "Confirm button"
As on this website: www.bva-auctions.com
Now you can't see anything about VAT, and since you have no cart, no way of knowing that.

- Bidding on price without VAT.

- Option to add auction costs (with VAT)

For example:
Ure bid € 27,50
VAT (21%) € 5,78
Auction Costs (16%) € 4,40
VAT Auction Costs (21%) € 0,92
Total € 38,60

If I let vendors do auctions at my website, i need to make a buck :-) Pretty common on most Dutch auction websites.

- Page refresh
Now if you don't press F5 in your browsser, the auction can be over without you knowing you have been overbid. Ideally page should refresh if there is a new bid.

Article price & number of bids on article category page
Now u can't see the number of bids, or the actual price what is bidden.

Less crucial options:
- The option that the bidding time is extended with 5 minutes, after the last bid was made within 5 minutes of normal auction ending time.
- There is no option to a invisible reserve price. example website with it: veiling.catawiki.nl/kavels/5244115-porsche-964-c4-1988
- Auction History is great, but it should be anonymously, not with user names. Ideally i should say Bidder(ID) so bidders can see that their bidding against the same person.
- Bid increment should also be possible on the article page and not for the whole auction. You can have an auction with products of 50 and 1000 euro.

Some technical issues:
- Problems with Dutch language file. The one loaded from you server misses most Dutch translations
- in menu Hikashop -> hikaAction -> Documentation: error controller documentation not found
- Auction history shows maximum bid. That seems not logical? It should show highest price so far.
If maximum bid works like autobid, other bidders only know anyone's max bid when they actually bid. Then they find out their new bid is too low.

Thank you for your time. If can help in any way, let me know.

edit, found another one ;-)

Last edit: 8 years 6 days ago by plaag666.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1778
8 years 5 days ago #236509

Hello,

so see my remarks as positive input :-) As Hikashop is the best webshop there is, i know you can do this :-)

We can only see your feedback as a positive input which will enable us to improve HikaAuction ;).

The winner is free to pay or not at the end of the Auction but That's an interesting feature, we'll add it on our TODO list.

- Show VAT & other costs
This is also a nice feature which isn't included for the moment in HikaAuction as it doesn't use any VAT. It will only charge the winner with the higher Auction's "current price".
==> That feature was already on our TODO list.

- Bidding on price without VAT.
That's actually what you have on the HikaAuction 1.0.0 version.

We'll need more specification about it, but the best solution will probably be to talk about it with the HikaMarket team.

- Page refresh
Yes you're right we already planned on using some "AJAX" so that the Auction page can be more dynamic

-Article price & number of bids on article category page
Both these informations are shown through the auction page, can you give me more information about it ?

Less crucial options:
"Auto extend" option already planned.
There is no "reserve price" option for the moment, are you talking about the "starting price" ?
"Anonymous history" option is already planned. (good idea)
"Bid increment" option is already planned.

Some technical issues:
We are sorry about it but we only talk French and English so you are free to translate it via "HikaAuction->Configuration->Languages" and even send us your Dutch language file if you want it to be available through the next version of HikaAuction (that will really help us).

That's weird, can you download the last HikaAuction version through our website, install it and test it again ?

Well it's the User bid history so we thought that it would be logical to simply display what user have bid and are willing to pay.

• Thank you received: 4
  • Hikashop Business
8 years 5 days ago #236607

The winner is free to pay or not at the end of the Auction but That's an interesting feature, we'll add it on our TODO list.
Thanks, I really really need that. :woohoo: :woohoo:

We'll need more specification about it, but the best solution will probably be to talk about it with the HikaMarket team.
Auction costs are more like auction fees. Above every bid there comes a certain percentage, going to the company that hosts the auction (in this case me). The seller recieves the price+vat for the sold product, without auction fees.
The winner pays price+vat + auction fee
All major Dutch auction websites have that. As example the biggest one: www.bva-auctions.com
BVA host the auction, and the sellers are mainly curator's, selling bankrupt companies.

Both these informations are shown through the auction page, can you give me more information about it ?
The information is only shown on the article page. When you got a page with multiple products (product listing table), you don't see the number of bids or the actual price of the highest bid.
Like this: www.bva-auctions.com/auction/category/20525/1919569

There is no "reserve price" option for the moment, are you talking about the "starting price" ?
No, pages.ebay.com/help/sell/reserve.html

Dutch translation:
I will do my best to provide you one.

That's weird, can you download the last HikaAuction version through our website, install it and test it again ?
testing now
edit: no, same error.

Thanks! Great support

Can you very roughly say when you expect a new update?

Last edit: 8 years 5 days ago by plaag666.

8 years 4 days ago #236637

Hello,

Option to add auction costs (with VAT)
The best solution will be to add a fixed fee on Hikamarket, but if you want more, it will be best to talk about it to the HikaMarket team.

That's actually a good idea ! I just added on our Todo list.

My bad, yes that option is also on our Todo list.

Dutch translation
Thank you very much !!

Can you very roughly say when you expect a new update?

Well, the next release will come out in several months, but if you want to I can directly contact you through that thread / an email when some of the features your are interested in comes out.

Regarding the "Documentation" menu issue, can you give me a temporary back-end access to your website, so that I can directly test it ?

Thanks !

• Hikashop Business
8 years 4 days ago #236765

Dear mohamed,

I send you a private message with back-end access (sorry for spelling your name wrong in username ;) )

Sure, that's great! i'll give feedback!

Thanks

Last edit: 8 years 4 days ago by plaag666.

8 years 3 days ago #236851

Hello,

I uploaded the last HikaAuction version through your website and it seem to have solved your issue now.

Thanks for your feedback !

The following user(s) said Thank You: plaag666

• Hikashop Business
8 years 8 hours ago #237206

Thanks! Works good now,

I almost have the translation ready, should i email it? or post it here?
I got some more ideas ;-), should i make new topic, or just add to this one?

Best regards.
C

• Thank you received: 13062
7 years 11 months ago #237230

Hi,

You can email it to contact AT hikashop DOT com

Please create a new topic for new ideas.

Moderators: Mohamed Thelji
Time to create page: 0.080 seconds