Manually send HA emails?

• Thank you received: 9
6 years 6 months ago #280590

We were running an auction and my site crashed the last 15 minutes of the auction.

I unpublished all hika auction emails, because we are going to manually take bids for the remaining time. I'm assuming that once I re-enable the publish on the emails that they won't be triggered. Is there a way to manually send all winner emails and winner notification emails once we finish accepting bids?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1778
6 years 6 months ago #280604

Hello,

We were running an auction and my site crashed the last 15 minutes of the auction.

What do you exactly mean by "crashed" ? Can you :
- Activate the Joomla debug mode ("Administration->Global configuration->System->Debug System/Language")
- Set the "error reporting" option of the Joomla configuration to "maximum"
- Test it again so that you can see if it display an error message which will help us to understand from what your issue is coming.

Thank you.

6 years 6 months ago #280658

Hi Mohamed,

The site crashed because we had too many processes running (not an issue with hikashop/hikaauction).

But - as a result of the site crashing, we have decided to allow final bids to be manually sent to us today (the site crashed during the last 15 minutes of the auction - so we did not have time to go in and extend the auctions before they expired)...

I will need to add these bids to the the ha table. I think I'm ok with how to do this.

My question is once we update the tables, I would like send out the winner notification emails. Is this something I can do using mass actions? I'm really unclear how to make this happen. OR if I publish the ha emails (I had to unpublish once we knew we were going to have to extend the auction), will all notification emails automatically be sent? Or is the trigger the end date/time of the auction?

Hopefully this makes sense. Thanks.

6 years 6 months ago #280667

Hi Mohamed - just checking to make sure you understood my last message. We are in a hurry to figure out how to send emails, as the auction ends tonight. Can you help?

6 years 6 months ago #280668

Hello,

Sure no problem, when the Auction time limit is reached, emails will be sent when the CRON is triggered. Then CRON will actually automatically create emails to send, update database and auction status.

So the best solution will just be to manually trigger when you want to send your HikaAuction Emails.

6 years 6 months ago #280716

My apologies...not sure how to manually trigger the cron?

6 years 6 months ago #280717

Also, there are a bunch of emails in the table queue. I'm planning on removing all of those emails as they were from the end of the auction (which we had to extend). No problems with that right?

6 years 6 months ago #280727

Hello,

My apologies...not sure how to manually trigger the cron?

If you sill didn't configured your cron, you'll find more information about it through our documentation :
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/5...ashop-cron-task.html

Also, there are a bunch of emails in the table queue. I'm planning on removing all of those emails as they were from the end of the auction (which we had to extend). No problems with that right?

If it was a test auction and that you don't want to finalize and sell the product of that auction then yes.

6 years 6 months ago #280786

Along the same lines,

I have the checkout set to use hikashop. But all of the winner emails are showing the old link (using legacy). I have my settings set to use new. Why would the old link come through? I don't have an override in the email.

6 years 6 months ago #280789

Hello,

Can you show us screenshots of how you configured the HikaAuction component via "HikaAuction->Configuration" and also tell us which HikaAuction version your are using ?

Thank you.

6 years 5 months ago #280856

I figured this one out! When I was troubleshooting the issue I was having the paypal redirect URL, I temporarily changed the hika auction checkout to not use hikashop - and during that time emails with links went out. After I turned it back - all emails that came out had the correct links. Thank you!

Moderators: Mohamed Thelji
Time to create page: 0.092 seconds