- Posts: 147
- Thank you received: 6
Address Custom Fields not coming up in checkout
11 years 1 month ago #211555
by maujbigo
Address Custom Fields not coming up in checkout was created by maujbigo
Hi,
I have a few custom fields set up for the address table.
I would like them to appear in the checkout page where the user select which address they want to use for shipping.
1 - Why doesn't is come up?
2 - How can I get it to display the address custom fields in the checkout?
3 - Can I set custom fields only for shipping address?
Thanks
I have a few custom fields set up for the address table.
I would like them to appear in the checkout page where the user select which address they want to use for shipping.
1 - Why doesn't is come up?
2 - How can I get it to display the address custom fields in the checkout?
3 - Can I set custom fields only for shipping address?
Thanks
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 1 month ago #211556
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Replied by Jerome on topic Address Custom Fields not coming up in checkout
Hi,
The custom field should be configured to be displayed on the front-end.
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/i...shop-field-form.html
After that, the address is generally "compiled" into a block, thanks to the view "address_template".
So if you did not modify your address template to display the field data in the address block, you can just see the front-end custom field when editing the address.
Regards,
The custom field should be configured to be displayed on the front-end.
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/i...shop-field-form.html
After that, the address is generally "compiled" into a block, thanks to the view "address_template".
So if you did not modify your address template to display the field data in the address block, you can just see the front-end custom field when editing the address.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 1 month ago #211816
by maujbigo
Replied by maujbigo on topic Address Custom Fields not coming up in checkout
I see, so I can include whichever fields I want in the address_template. Good.
Also related to address, when I submit an order the email order does not use the shipping address I selected. It uses just the billing address even though I selected a different shipping address.
It seems to be just a problem with the email template as it saves the correct information in the DB.
It might have something to do with the fact that I don't have any shipping method as I use it for quotes.
Is there any chance the email system is looking for a shipping method in order to include the shipping address?
Thanks
Also related to address, when I submit an order the email order does not use the shipping address I selected. It uses just the billing address even though I selected a different shipping address.
It seems to be just a problem with the email template as it saves the correct information in the DB.
It might have something to do with the fact that I don't have any shipping method as I use it for quotes.
Is there any chance the email system is looking for a shipping method in order to include the shipping address?
Thanks
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 1 month ago #211819
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Address Custom Fields not coming up in checkout
Hi,
Yes, that's because you removed the shipping view from your checkout workflow.
A shipping method is necessary to display to the customer the shipping address in emails/invoices
If you want to change that, you can edit the emails via the menu System>Emails and change the line:
} elseif(!empty($data->order_shipping_id) && !empty($data->cart->shipping_address) && !empty($data->cart->fields)) {
to:
} elseif(!empty($data->cart->shipping_address) && !empty($data->cart->fields)) {
in the "preload" area of your order notification emails.
Yes, that's because you removed the shipping view from your checkout workflow.
A shipping method is necessary to display to the customer the shipping address in emails/invoices
If you want to change that, you can edit the emails via the menu System>Emails and change the line:
} elseif(!empty($data->order_shipping_id) && !empty($data->cart->shipping_address) && !empty($data->cart->fields)) {
to:
} elseif(!empty($data->cart->shipping_address) && !empty($data->cart->fields)) {
in the "preload" area of your order notification emails.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 1 month ago #211918
by maujbigo
Replied by maujbigo on topic Address Custom Fields not coming up in checkout
Hi,
Thanks nicolas. That did the trick.
Cheers
Thanks nicolas. That did the trick.
Cheers
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.171 seconds