Skip to main content

Password for Guests

More
9 years 7 months ago #263109 by gojyuan
Password for Guests was created by gojyuan
Hi,
I am a new user of Hikashop and HikaMarket so please forgive for any ignorance. I have searched the forum and online docs but still cannot a definite answer. Our business is hospitality and cultural workshops and I would like to provide our presenters with an online shopping facility to sell their products.

I do not want their customers to register on our site. My understanding is that registration will update Joomla users on checkout. I notice that the customers section in Hikashop includes all details including the name in the address table. There would definitely be returning customers. Is it possible to only use guests and include a custom field called password in the address table that would allow for returning customers - similar to what you suggested in the one-click checkout solution in a previous thread. Then returning guests could sign in with email and password.

Your help much appreciated.
Regards
Linda

www.ryokangojyuan.com

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 7 months ago #263123 by Jerome
Replied by Jerome on topic Password for Guests
Hi,

The goal of the guest checkout is to not have an account.
Which means that the guest account cannot be re-used and the customer will have to re-enter his details if he loose his session.
If you want to let the user have a password ; it means that you want to use a Joomla account. So it would not be a guest checkout but a classical registration.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.143 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum