Default country is not selected in checkout
6 years 11 months ago #311598
by Rixters
Default country is not selected in checkout was created by Rixters
-- HikaShop version -- : 4.2.1
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.12
-- PHP version -- : 7.3
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Chrome
I have a multilingual website with multiple countries in de checkout. I have the Netherlands selected as default in the country custom field. But when I go to the checkout always the first country (Argentina) from the list is selected.
could you tell me how to force the default country?
Thanks!
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.12
-- PHP version -- : 7.3
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Chrome
I have a multilingual website with multiple countries in de checkout. I have the Netherlands selected as default in the country custom field. But when I go to the checkout always the first country (Argentina) from the list is selected.
Attachment Image-3.jpg not found
could you tell me how to force the default country?
Thanks!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
6 years 11 months ago - 6 years 11 months ago #311604
by Philip
Replied by Philip on topic Default country is not selected in checkout
Last edit: 6 years 11 months ago by Philip.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
6 years 11 months ago #311764
by Rixters
Replied by Rixters on topic Default country is not selected in checkout
Thanks for the answer!
Prior to my question I already did test the setting, as I stated in my primary question! But the selection is not respected in the frontend.
That's the problem. Seems like a small bug...
Prior to my question I already did test the setting, as I stated in my primary question! But the selection is not respected in the frontend.
That's the problem. Seems like a small bug...
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
6 years 11 months ago #311770
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Default country is not selected in checkout
Hi,
Make sure that you save the custom field once after selecting the default value, just to make sure that the value in the database is correct.
Also, check the "main tax zone" setting of the HikaShop configuration.
And finally, if you have the geolocation plugin activated, it can override the default country to use instead the geolocated country. But that would mean you would be using an IP address from Argentina in your tests which I suppose is not the case.
Make sure that you save the custom field once after selecting the default value, just to make sure that the value in the database is correct.
Also, check the "main tax zone" setting of the HikaShop configuration.
And finally, if you have the geolocation plugin activated, it can override the default country to use instead the geolocated country. But that would mean you would be using an IP address from Argentina in your tests which I suppose is not the case.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
6 years 11 months ago #311920
by Rixters
Replied by Rixters on topic Default country is not selected in checkout
Hi Nicolas,
Still no luck. I saved the custom field value again and the default tax category is set to Netherlands. Argentina is still selected.
For the time being I have set the "Add a 'Please select' value" to Yes so no country is selected.
Do you have some other ideas how to make this work?
Still no luck. I saved the custom field value again and the default tax category is set to Netherlands. Argentina is still selected.
For the time being I have set the "Add a 'Please select' value" to Yes so no country is selected.
Do you have some other ideas how to make this work?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
6 years 11 months ago #311932
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Default country is not selected in checkout
Hi,
Nothing else comes to mind.
We would have to have a backend and FTP access and do some debugging to figure out what's going on here.
Nothing else comes to mind.
We would have to have a backend and FTP access and do some debugging to figure out what's going on here.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.196 seconds