Hikashop checkout and Joomla Caching

• Thank you received: 4
  • Hikashop Business
4 years 4 months ago #313615

-- url of the page with the problem -- : www.kiteoutlet.eu
-- HikaShop version -- : 4.2.2
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.13
-- PHP version -- : 7.3.11

I've had issues with my cart not updating properly when I had Joomla caching enabled, so I've run my site with caching disabled for a while. Unfortunately this is causing the site to be quite slow and I would like to use caching again. All I can find about using caching is that Hikashop should work well with the default Joomla caching settings, but I can't find any more specific information in the Hikashop documentation.
I have now set my Joomla caching (under System > Global Configuration > Cache Settings) to ON - Conservative Caching. Is this the correct way to do it so that Hikashop components will be cached correctly and do not cause updating problems? Should the Progressive Caching setting also work?

The default Joomla chaching settings are quite limited. Are there any more advanced chache plugins for Joomla that work well with Hikashop?

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13064
4 years 4 months ago #313618

Hi,

Yes, you can have conservative caching.
Full caching is problematic for the refresh of the cart.
But even so, years ago we made improvements to better handle caching.
Besides Joomla caching, I know of jotCache for Joomla: extensions.joomla.org/extension/jotcache/
So you could have a look into it.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Foxworks

• Thank you received: 4
  • Hikashop Business
4 years 4 months ago #313670

Hi Nicolas,

Thank you for your answer. I will look into the possibilities of JotCache. Do you know if this works well with Hikashop straight out of the box?

• Thank you received: 13064
4 years 4 months ago #313672

Hi,

I've never used it myself. So I couldn't say. I just know that several of our users were using HikaShop with jotCache on their website without problems.

Time to create page: 0.051 seconds