- Posts: 150
- Thank you received: 11
Create b2b invoice option in checkout
6 years 6 months ago #316432
by Giscard
Create b2b invoice option in checkout was created by Giscard
Hello,
I would like to add an extra option at checkout for b2b clients that want invoice and not receipt.
In general, I had created some extra custom fields (business name, VAT Registration Number etc) in the regeistration checkout's step. But in that field were login in and clients, not just b2b and I think that it wasnt so pretty...
My idea is to create an option in registration near "register, log in, guest" as invoice or b2b client or something like that and if he clicks on it, then I will use the custon fields that I have from the table address,
How can I do that? I read in forum and in documentation, tried some things with no success.. If there is a simpest way or a better idea for how to use the custon fields I will do it.
Thank you in advance.
I would like to add an extra option at checkout for b2b clients that want invoice and not receipt.
In general, I had created some extra custom fields (business name, VAT Registration Number etc) in the regeistration checkout's step. But in that field were login in and clients, not just b2b and I think that it wasnt so pretty...
My idea is to create an option in registration near "register, log in, guest" as invoice or b2b client or something like that and if he clicks on it, then I will use the custon fields that I have from the table address,
How can I do that? I read in forum and in documentation, tried some things with no success.. If there is a simpest way or a better idea for how to use the custon fields I will do it.
Thank you in advance.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
6 years 6 months ago #316437
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Create b2b invoice option in checkout
Hi,
What about create a custom address field where the customer could select if he is a business or an individual and then use the "display limited to" setting of the other address fields to display/hide them based on what the customer selected in that first address field ?
That way, you don't have any complex coding because even if you ask me to add another option next to register/login/guest, it would require me a lot of work (a few days) because it touches to many things (cart, checkout, address, fields) which were not designed to have a new "type" like this.
What about create a custom address field where the customer could select if he is a business or an individual and then use the "display limited to" setting of the other address fields to display/hide them based on what the customer selected in that first address field ?
That way, you don't have any complex coding because even if you ask me to add another option next to register/login/guest, it would require me a lot of work (a few days) because it touches to many things (cart, checkout, address, fields) which were not designed to have a new "type" like this.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Giscard
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
6 years 6 months ago #316455
by Giscard
Replied by Giscard on topic Create b2b invoice option in checkout
Hello,
Sure I will test that.
Seems simple and fits my needs.
No need for coding, I knew that there will be an easier way.
I will post again, when I finish that.
Thank you very much nicolas!
Sure I will test that.
Seems simple and fits my needs.
No need for coding, I knew that there will be an easier way.
I will post again, when I finish that.
Thank you very much nicolas!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mohamed Thelji
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
6 years 6 months ago #316476
by Giscard
Replied by Giscard on topic Create b2b invoice option in checkout
Hello,
Everything is fine and it works as I wanted.
Thank you nicolas for the suggestion!
Everything is fine and it works as I wanted.
Thank you nicolas for the suggestion!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.155 seconds