How can I can change default page redirect after registering new customer?

• Thank you received: 2
  • Hikashop Essential
1 year 2 months ago #348734

-- HikaShop version -- : 4.7.0
-- Joomla version -- : 4.2.6
-- PHP version -- : 8.0.0
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Firefox 109.0
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : No error message

When somebody new registers on the Hikashop checkout page it defaults to the home page with the message "Your account has been created and an activation link has been sent to the e-mail address you entered. Note that you must activate the account by clicking on the activation link in the e-mail that you receive before you can login.
Upon clicking on the activation link, your account will be activated and you will be able to continue your order"
Is there anyway to have this message not go to the home page by default. I would like it to go to a distinct landing page or menu page. How can I do this?
Or even stay on the registration page with the message showing above. I just don't want it to go to the home page...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13069
1 year 2 months ago #348756

Hi,

Normally, you're supposed to see that message while staying on the current menu item so it shouldn't use the homepage.
I wanted to look at the situation on your website but France is blocked on your website: i.imgur.com/LCp9jsL.png
Could you allow for it temporarily so that I could analyze what's going on ?

• Hikashop Essential
1 year 2 months ago #348776

Ok. I allowed France. I have this happening on 2 websites (maybe all of them, I haven't checked the others).
uhansworkwear.com/ and arizonasaddleryofclarkston.com/
Let me know if you need backend access. Thanks Nicolas.

1 year 2 months ago #348779

Hi,

Thank you. Indeed, there was a typo in the code leading to the current menu item reference being lost when redirecting to the page with the activation message.
I've made a patch to fix that.
Download the install package of the latest version of HikaShop on our website and install it on yours and you'll get the patch.

• Hikashop Essential
1 year 2 months ago #348787

Ok. Great. That fixed it. Thanks so much. I've been with you guys for years and I really appreciate your extension and your attention to problems that might arise. You guys really are the best when it comes to customer service. I really appreciate your help. Thanks again.

The following user(s) said Thank You: nicolas

• Thank you received: 0
1 year 1 month ago #350402

Hi, I seem to have the same problem with HikaShop Business 4.7.2 [2303221350] , after the user registers, gets redirected to an empty page!!!
The customers complaint already, we have bilingual version, in Czech version the registration jumps into an empty page, in English version the situation is even worse, the site menu disappears.
Can you please tell me how to fix this - your product is so far useless. the site is sciencedynamics.net
Best,
Mark

Attachments:

1 year 1 month ago #350413

Hi,

The issue is with your template.
I just made a test on your website. After registering, I get redirected to the activation page correctly.
There, HikaShop displays the activation message, through the Joomla messaging system.
However, instead of displaying the message above the main area on the page, your template displays it on the bottom left area of the page:
i.imgur.com/JyeFOhZ.png
So it's easy to miss for the user.
Also, I didn't receive the email with the activation link for the user account.
It seems there is a problem with the email sending on your website.
Note that the account activation is something you can turn off in the Joomla user manager's options page.
Usually, on online shops, it's better to turn it off to provide a smoother checkout experience for users.

Finally, as you can see on my screenshot, I did try in English, and I didn't lose the menu on that page.

Time to create page: 0.084 seconds