- Posts: 59
- Thank you received: 6
Translation of text in checkout workflow
1 year 11 months ago #364095
by Noe
Translation of text in checkout workflow was created by Noe
-- HikaShop version -- : 5.1.1
-- Joomla version -- : 5.1.4
-- PHP version -- : 8.2
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Firefox
Hello,
I've added a text box in the checkout workflow configuration. Is it possible to translate that text as I'm not seeing the usual EN/FR input files?
Thank you!
-- Joomla version -- : 5.1.4
-- PHP version -- : 8.2
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Firefox
Hello,
I've added a text box in the checkout workflow configuration. Is it possible to translate that text as I'm not seeing the usual EN/FR input files?
Thank you!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
1 year 11 months ago #364098
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Translation of text in checkout workflow
Hi,
Instead of your text, enter a translation key in the input field of the view in your checkout workflow.
Then, under the Languages tab of the HikaShop configuration, edit your language file, and on the right side, in the override area, add a line for that translation key with the text you want as value.
Instead of your text, enter a translation key in the input field of the view in your checkout workflow.
Then, under the Languages tab of the HikaShop configuration, edit your language file, and on the right side, in the override area, add a line for that translation key with the text you want as value.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
1 year 11 months ago #364102
by Noe
Replied by Noe on topic Translation of text in checkout workflow
Ok, I know how to add the translation in the language file but I don't know how to create a translation key. Could you tell me how to do that?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
1 year 11 months ago #364106
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Translation of text in checkout workflow
Hi,
There is nothing particular to do. You just need to decide what you want.
For example, suppose I choose you use the translation key "MY_CUSTOM_TEXT". Then, in the input of the checkout workflow I'll enter MY_CUSTOM_TEXT and in my language override file, I'll add a line like this:
MY_CUSTOM_TEXT="My custom text in the language I want"
There is nothing particular to do. You just need to decide what you want.
For example, suppose I choose you use the translation key "MY_CUSTOM_TEXT". Then, in the input of the checkout workflow I'll enter MY_CUSTOM_TEXT and in my language override file, I'll add a line like this:
MY_CUSTOM_TEXT="My custom text in the language I want"
The following user(s) said Thank You: Noe
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
1 year 11 months ago #364194
by Noe
Replied by Noe on topic Translation of text in checkout workflow
Thank you! It's working fine now!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Philip
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.230 seconds