- Posts: 2
- Thank you received: 0
how to add category list to my article?
11 years 9 months ago - 11 years 9 months ago #184968
by ezdookie
how to add category list to my article? was created by ezdookie
-- Hikashop version -- : 3.3.6
Hello, is it possible to add a category list to my article? I'd like to put different page styles or templates to each category...
Hello, is it possible to add a category list to my article? I'd like to put different page styles or templates to each category...
Last edit: 11 years 9 months ago by ezdookie.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 9 months ago #185003
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic how to add category list to my article?
Hi,
I'm not following you.
Are you talking about Joomla articles or HikaShop products ?
What is a category list for you ?
If you want different templates for different categories, yo can create one menu item per category in the Joomla menu manager and assign the template you want for each menu item.
I'm not following you.
Are you talking about Joomla articles or HikaShop products ?
What is a category list for you ?
If you want different templates for different categories, yo can create one menu item per category in the Joomla menu manager and assign the template you want for each menu item.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 9 months ago #185083
by ezdookie
Replied by ezdookie on topic how to add category list to my article?
Yes, Joomla Articles...
I got categories and subcategories, I'm looking for a different template for each Category...
So I was wondering if it possible to create a Joomla Article, put content on it and in the end add something like a tag... {Subcategories list} that only gives me subcategories list and links.....
I tried creating one menu item per category and assigning templates to each one... it's fine until the product page... but it also shows the checkout page with the new template... how can I return to the default or another template in this checkout page?
Thanks in advance and sorry for my english...
I got categories and subcategories, I'm looking for a different template for each Category...
So I was wondering if it possible to create a Joomla Article, put content on it and in the end add something like a tag... {Subcategories list} that only gives me subcategories list and links.....
I tried creating one menu item per category and assigning templates to each one... it's fine until the product page... but it also shows the checkout page with the new template... how can I return to the default or another template in this checkout page?
Thanks in advance and sorry for my english...
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 9 months ago #185095
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic how to add category list to my article?
Hi,
In that case the menu item per category with template assignment is the way to go. It's much more cleaner that way than with joomla articles.
For the checkout, it's actually quite simple to do. Create a menu item of the type HikaShop checkout with the template for the checkout you want assigned to that menu item and then select that menu item in the "force menu on checkout" option of the HikaShop configuration.
In that case the menu item per category with template assignment is the way to go. It's much more cleaner that way than with joomla articles.
For the checkout, it's actually quite simple to do. Create a menu item of the type HikaShop checkout with the template for the checkout you want assigned to that menu item and then select that menu item in the "force menu on checkout" option of the HikaShop configuration.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.156 seconds