- Posts: 105
- Thank you received: 9
Bundling Two products each w variants
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #295665
by mduda
Bundling Two products each w variants was created by mduda
-- HikaShop version -- : 3.5.1
-- Joomla version -- : 3.8.10
Hi Team,
Is there a way to bundle two products together, when they both have variants? I see the option to "bundle" in the product config, and I've read everything I could find in the forum. But am still confused on how to apply in my case.
Product: T-shirts has 9 variants
Product: Membership has 3 variants
Is it possible to bundle? I have a separate product created called bundle, but not sure how to do. There is an unlimited quantity for all variants of membership. Each variants of t-shirt (size) has a quantity. Thanks in advance.
-- Joomla version -- : 3.8.10
Hi Team,
Is there a way to bundle two products together, when they both have variants? I see the option to "bundle" in the product config, and I've read everything I could find in the forum. But am still confused on how to apply in my case.
Product: T-shirts has 9 variants
Product: Membership has 3 variants
Is it possible to bundle? I have a separate product created called bundle, but not sure how to do. There is an unlimited quantity for all variants of membership. Each variants of t-shirt (size) has a quantity. Thanks in advance.
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by mduda.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
8 years 2 months ago #295670
by mduda
Replied by mduda on topic Bundling Two products each w variants
I think I have a possible solve. I've never used the options before. But I think it may work in the instance. Is there a way to hide the price in the option? I found this on the forum, but I tried to remove it, and there was no impact. Assuming that coding has changed since then. Can you direct me on how to remove the price in the dropdown menu for the options? Thanks!
www.hikashop.com/forum/product-category-...s-display-price.html
www.hikashop.com/forum/product-category-...s-display-price.html
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
8 years 2 months ago #295672
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Bundling Two products each w variants
Hi,
There is no way to remove the price of the options.
While you may indeed be able to easily remove the price of the option in the selector dropdown with a small modification in a view file, like this thread explains, the cart and checkout system will still take the price of the options into account for the calculations.
If you don't want prices for options, the products used as options needs to not have a price.
So you would have to duplicate the products and not have a price for the ones you want to use as options and move them in an unpublished category so that it's not possible to purchase them for free separately.
There is no way to remove the price of the options.
While you may indeed be able to easily remove the price of the option in the selector dropdown with a small modification in a view file, like this thread explains, the cart and checkout system will still take the price of the options into account for the calculations.
If you don't want prices for options, the products used as options needs to not have a price.
So you would have to duplicate the products and not have a price for the ones you want to use as options and move them in an unpublished category so that it's not possible to purchase them for free separately.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
8 years 2 months ago #295678
by mduda
Replied by mduda on topic Bundling Two products each w variants
Thanks Nick. I indeed just want to hide the price in the dropdown. When I remove the code as stated in the thread, nothing happens. Maybe it's a caching issue? Going to try it again.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
8 years 2 months ago #295679
by mduda
Replied by mduda on topic Bundling Two products each w variants
Cleared all cache, and unfortunately, after removing the line of code in the options file...nothing happens to the option price in the dropdown. Maybe the code has changed, since the previous thread, and there's another place I also need to remove code?
Thanks in advance!
Thanks in advance!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
8 years 2 months ago #295703
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Bundling Two products each w variants
Hi,
No, the change is still the same and works. Note that in my post there I mention deleting these lineS ( www.hikashop.com/forum/product-category-...ay-price.html#205217 ) which indicates that the line I'm talking about is there several times (twice actually).
So please make sure that you removed both from the view file.
No, the change is still the same and works. Note that in my post there I mention deleting these lineS ( www.hikashop.com/forum/product-category-...ay-price.html#205217 ) which indicates that the line I'm talking about is there several times (twice actually).
So please make sure that you removed both from the view file.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mduda
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.173 seconds