Language recognition by gtranslate or location

• Thank you received: 5
  • Hikashop Business
2 years 5 months ago #336527

Hi,

My customers with foreign languages use gtranslate to translate all pages. Now after a purchase they will recieve Dutch language emails. Is there a way that hikashop can notice the language (or location) of the customer?
If not, can i manually change this so they at least recieve their own language "shipped" email?

Kind regards, Nico

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1778
2 years 5 months ago #336536

Hello Nico,

Did you try to use the "hikashop geolocation plugin" which will probably do the job :
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/7...hop-geolocation.html

Kind regards,
Mohamed

• Hikashop Business
2 years 5 months ago #336553

Hi,

Thank you for this, I am going to try it.
(there is just so much options a normal customer like me will never find)

Kind regards,

Nico

The following user(s) said Thank You: Philip

• Hikashop Business
2 years 5 months ago #337039

Hi,

I enabled the plugin, made the external geo account, put the plugin on Geoplugin and on both, to test. (api key filled in ofcourse)
Had to wait for foreign purchases on both settings.
Result: still only Dutch emails.

Orders and customers geolocation = yes
rest = not filled in
After initialisation = no

• Thank you received: 13062
2 years 5 months ago #337053

Hi,

Gtranslate will translate the content of the pages on the browser of the client. For your server, it still think that the person is browsing your website in Dutch.
The geolocation plugin will allow HikaShop to know which zone the customer is from, but it won't help Joomla detect the language of the customer.
I'm afraid there is no easy way to do this.
I'm not even sure it is possible. Basically, the first thing to check is whether there is a way for the gtranslate module to tell the website which language is selected. If it's possible, then there is nothing to do in HikaShop. It will automatically use the language if available.
So what you want to do is to check with the developer of your gtranslate module to see if there is a way to set the language of the website when the user selects a language in the module (probably with some custom coding in the module).

• Hikashop Business
2 years 5 months ago #337068

Thanks, i will ask gtranslate what is possible.
Does the geo locate not work on ip adresses or navigator language instead of site language?

In the meanwhile is there a quickfix to make like: manually set customert language in order or customers=>customers?

Kind regards

2 years 5 months ago #337073

Hi,

The geolocation plugin uses the IP address of the customer to set the current zone. It's useful when you have different prices / taxes / currencies for different zones / conutries.
But it won't help for the language.

You can select the orders for which you want to change the language in the orders listing, then click on the "actions" button at the top, select the action "update the values", select the column order_lang, select the mode "string" and enter in the input field the text en-GB and when you validate, all the selected orders will have their language changed to en-GB and thus the email notifications will be sent to the customers in English for these orders after this.

• Hikashop Business
2 years 5 months ago #337096

I'm left here with the general feeling that the first response was that geolocations plugin was going to help and now the response is that geolocations plugin is not build for this.
Excuse me, am i getting confused here?

2 years 5 months ago #337097

Hi,

Mohammed didn't understand what you were trying to do. That's why he said it might help.
But it's not.

• Hikashop Business
2 years 5 months ago #337116

Can i set somewhere in all of the zones options that when a customer picks their country (for a purchase) that now by picking the country hikashop knows to send out a specific language mails?

[ next ]
according to gtranslate geolocate should be easily adapted to the above discussed by " check X-Real-IP, X-GT-ClientIP, HTTP-X-Forwarded-For headers we send within the request". Maybe it's a good feature for the todo list?

2 years 5 months ago #337121

Hi,

1. No, there is no option for that. It would require the development of a plugin, similar to the plugin "language to currency" ( www.hikashop.com/marketplace/product/106...age-to-currency.html ) which sets the currency based on the selected language.

2. These X-Real-IP, X-GT-ClientIP, HTTP-X-Forwarded- headers contain the IP address of the customer. They won't help setting the language on the server-side based on the selected language in the GTranslate module.
I believe they didn't understand what you want.

Time to create page: 0.079 seconds