add to cart link with coupon code

• Thank you received: 0
9 years 7 months ago #166949

-- HikaShop version -- : Business: 2.3.2

Sorry if this was already posted, I couldn't find it.
I know about the "Add to cart HTML link" feature.
Is there a way to automatically populate a coupon / discount code so that when the link is followed, the user doesn't have to type in the code?

Thanks in advance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13037
9 years 7 months ago #166952

Hi,

There is no option to do that as far as I know.

9 years 7 months ago #167012

You would know better than I would, but it seems like it should be possible by adding that variable to the string somehow.
If you guys have a solution it would be very helpful. It would make it much easier for the customer and streamline the checkout process when coupons are involved.

Thanks.

• Thank you received: 747
9 years 7 months ago #167018

The documentation says:

Auto load in cart if possible : When turned on, the system will load the coupon in the cart on the checkout if the coupon restrictions are matched without your customers having to enter its code.

For me it works just fine with coupons: if all conditions for the coupon are met, the coupon code is already there in the checkout and the discount is getting applied, no need for the customer to type the code in.

Should work for you, too... try it?

Need help with customisations of layouts, style or other site development? PM me!
(Don't forget to turn on "E-mail notification of new messages" )

9 years 7 months ago #167033

I appreciate the response. But I don't necessarily want the coupon code to auto enter for every user. Only ones who follow the special link. For example a Facebook only promotion, or a QR code link. Users from other channels such as Google will still pay full price. I currently do this using a coupon code, but it would streamline the process if I could just link and have the code already in there.

• Thank you received: 4004
9 years 7 months ago #167054

Hi,

I think that the best will be to use a custom (system) plugin which will read the parameters in the URL and call HikaShop to add the coupon if the plugin find the right parameter.
It requires some development/PHP skills but for the moment, it's the best solution I see for your requirement.

Best regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

9 years 7 months ago #167171

It seems like this would be a modification of the "Add to cart HTML link" feature for a product.
But I have no idea where to begin and it's not worth it for me to spend a lot of money or time doing development.
I'm surprised nobody has brought this up yet.

9 years 7 months ago #167189

Yes, so far no one requested such thing.
I guess that it's because it's a bit strange to be able to add a coupon to the cart via an external link to your website since you would first need to have something in the cart before you click on that link and in that case it kind of defeat the purpose since the users must already have been on your website before clicking on that link.
As far as I can see, it would really only be useful if it allowed to do both at the same time: add the product+coupon when clicking on the link.

9 years 7 months ago #167266

Right, that's what I was hoping for.
product + coupon

• Thank you received: 747
9 years 7 months ago #167273

Sorry for jumping in again, but please take this as a sort of "workaround", or as I would do it. First, drop the "coupon" idea, and instead think simply "discounts":

1. Create a new, unpublished product category. Or multiple new categories, one per discount level. (If all products are affected, the entire existing category tree might need to be recreated.)
  2. Copy all products which shall be discounted to this new category (or categories, if multiple).
  3. Apply discounts to the new category.
  4. Create a product listing menu item for the new category (or a category listing menu item if you require) in a hidden menu (multiple menu items if multiple categories/discount levels exist).
  5. From these menu items you get aliases/links which you can promote where you see fit. People following those links will get to the listings and enjoy the discounts as applied.

It should do what you seem to be wanting, except not via coupons but through discounts applied to categories and products which are hidden for the "regular" site visitor, but visible only for those who are following the mentioned links.

Hmm?

Need help with customisations of layouts, style or other site development? PM me!
(Don't forget to turn on "E-mail notification of new messages" )

9 years 7 months ago #167275

Thanks for the suggestion. That's a good idea for products. But I sell education courses using a plugin. There might be a way to do something like that but it would complicate my recordkeeping etc.

9 years 7 months ago #168679

I wanted to follow up because I think there was some confusion about what I was asking for.
I would like to add a coupon code to the "Add to cart HTML link" feature so that a link can be followed and it will add the item to the cart along with a discount code discount.
This way when the link is followed, not only is the item added to the cart, but the discount will automatically be already in place and it won't have to be typed, the user can simply proceed with checkout.

Is this possible?

Thanks

9 years 7 months ago #168704

Hi,

I guess that Nicolas as I have reply to that specific request ; we understand it and we gave you an answer.
For the "workaround" of lousyfool, it's some kind of idea but yes, it's not the feature you requested.

And for your request, there is already a point in our TODO list for that (added one week ago).

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

9 years 4 months ago #180756

I wanted to follow up on this. It is bothering me a lot.
I really want to add the coupon code to the cart automatically. If I advertise a coupon code with a link, the user has to remember the coupon code and type it in. This might not seem like a lot to ask of a customer, but it is a speedbump and could make a difference in some conversions.
If this is not going to get done any time soon, please provide me with more detailed instructions on what more specific information I need to create a project plan to have this developed on my own.

Thanks.

9 years 4 months ago #180769

Hi,

We have had things in our todo list for years now. Not everything can be done and it depends on how long it takes and how many people request it.
So far, we didn't see much need for it besides your case so it's a low priority for us.
If it's something you need rapidly, I would recommend to contact our partners and ask them for a quote :
www.hikashop.com/home/our-partners.html
It should be possible with a small hikashop plugin implementing the onAfterCartUpdate trigger to add the coupon to the cart with some code after the product has been added to it.

• Thank you received: 6
8 years 4 months ago #222236

Hi, I saw this topic and found this is the exact thing we also need.

Is there something that has been developed since the time of the last post?

8 years 4 months ago #222238

To my knowledge no.
I have been considering paying a developer for it but I am not in the business of building apps for shopping carts. It seems that Hika isn't either. I am confounded as to why they don't adopt the same development and sales strategy that woocommerce has proven to be wildly successful. That is to make a strong core product and sell licenses for the addons. This allows for them to make money off of their and 3rd party apps developed for the platform. Instead we all pay for addons we don't need and don't get the ones we need and Hika makes less money.
Sorry to sound harsh but I believe it to be true. Hikashop is a good product and I think if they could learn to change their business model slightly everyone could prosper. It's like having a restaurant with good food but you don't want to change your menu even though the place across the street has the same food with a different menu but makes twice as much money.

8 years 4 months ago #222245

Hi,

We are currently working on redoing the whole add to cart and checkout system. It's a really big development and thanks a lot of time. We started working on that more than 6 months ago and still have a few weeks/months ahead to finish it.
The new system will allow the add to cart URL to support coupons and products at the same time among a lot of other things.

It seems that Hika isn't either.

Thank you for your kind comment...
We also sell addons for HikaShop, like HikaMarket or HikaSerial (and more are to come). This has nothing to do with enabling the adding of coupons through the add to cart URL. Please stay on topic. It's not because one feature you need has not been added yet that you should talk like that. If you really need it, you can just have it developed. If you have the money for it, there will be many happy to add that feature for you.

• Thank you received: 1
6 years 8 months ago #273947

Hi, are there some news about this topic?
I´m also interested in this feature.

6 years 8 months ago #273951

Hello,

We had a lot of items in our TODO list and there is still a lot of points.
We can't provide any schedule for the implementation of that specific feature, we are not touching the "product controller" for the moment.
I wrote about it not so long ago :
www.hikashop.com/forum/install-update/89...-via-url.html#273014

If you are really interested by that feature ; it can be done using a custom plugin or by some improvements in the core.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

Time to create page: 0.145 seconds