Giving customers discounts on products

• Thank you received: 1
6 years 6 months ago #277632

-- HikaShop version -- : 3.2.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.7.4
-- PHP version -- : latest
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : latest

May be I miss something here but I would like to give every customer another discount on certain products.

Now I have to click on products and create a new price and after that select the users that will get that price.

However when I have many users that will get that price it gets messy in the backend.

More logic would be to do this in the customer/users page of hikashop. Then you also have a good oversight of the discounts each customer gets.
And you can fill that in just on the page where you are.

Now when you have for example 300 products to arrange all the discounts for 1 customer you have to click on all the 300 products? :huh: :blink:

Do I miss something here ? And is it possible to give discounts on the user/customer page?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13035
6 years 6 months ago #277637

Hi,

I'm not following you.
If you want to give the same discount on all the 300 products for one user, then why not create a discount via the menu Order>Discount ?
There, you can select the user and the 300 products (or the categories where all these products are) and the discount will be applied automatically to the produts prices for that user.
You can even assigning the discounts to user groups so that just the fact of adding a user to a user group will automatically grant him the discounts of that user group. That way you don't even have to edit the discounts.

Regarding the user edition interface, there is no option to create discounts from there but it takes only a few clicks to create a discount for a user via the menu Order>Discount so I don't see a reason to add it to the user edition interface.

6 years 6 months ago #277742

Hi ,

Thanks for your answer.
Via the discount option I can only set user groups but I do not see that I can select a specific user... Do I miss something?

When I click custom I can select user levels, but the 'none' and 'all' button don't do anything...

Last edit: 6 years 6 months ago by stof.

• Thank you received: 13035
6 years 6 months ago #277773

Hi,

Right, we didn't add yet the capability for discounts/coupons to be assigned to users. We've actually added that for the prices only at the beginning of the year.
Before that, people were simply creating a user group, assigning the users they wanted to that user group and selecting that user group in the discount access level setting.
We of course plan to add the selection of users on the discounts/coupons in the future. We just didn't get around doing it yet.

6 years 6 months ago #277895

Hi,
Thanks for your answer.
Do you have any idea when this will be done? Then I have an idea of what to do.
When I have many products and all customers get other discounts on each product it will be a nasty thing to work the way it is now.

Last edit: 6 years 6 months ago by stof.

• Thank you received: 4004
6 years 6 months ago #277944

Hello,

We currently have some development in progress and that user filter on the discount is not really simple since it will touch to a lot of files regarding the discounts and coupons.
So we do not have the knowledge of the exact amount of time required for the development, that's mostly why we can't provide any schedule for its implementation. Sorry.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

Time to create page: 0.054 seconds