coupon - override discounted products not working

• Thank you received: 26
  • Hikashop Business
2 years 2 months ago #339398

-- HikaShop version -- : 4.4.5
-- Joomla version -- : 3.10.5

Hi,
I have a product with a discount of 30%.
I've created a coupon with 20% , and I have set it to "override discounted products", but is not working, it continue to use the 30% discount.
The coupon it works only if the the % it's greater then the discount %.

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 611
2 years 2 months ago #339409

Hello,

Please, can you provide all relative settings screenshot in order to better understand your issue :
- Discount complete settings screenshot
- Coupon complete settings screenshot

Awaiting your elements to be able to progress on your subject.
Regards

Last edit: 2 years 2 months ago by Philip.

• Thank you received: 26
  • Hikashop Business
2 years 2 months ago #339419

I think that I was wrong, and the coupon works well.
After I have analyzed more how the relation between discount and coupon works, I understood, but I will still explain to you how I was thinking before.

Discount for product id: 2058

Coupon for products id's: 2058, 2011,842

And becouse I've set the "Coupon handling of discounted products" to "Override discounted products", I was expecting that the coupon it will gonna Override the higher discount with the smaller one.
But after I've played more with the discount and coupons, I saw that the coupon it will override the discount % only if the % of coupon it is greater then % of discount.

Attachments:

• Thank you received: 13069
2 years 2 months ago #339421

Hi,

The goal of that setting is to change how the amount of the coupon is calculated.
With the standard behavior, regardless of whether the products have discounts or not, the amount will be calculated based on the total amount of the products.
With the ignore discounted products mode, only the total of the products without discount will be taken into account (that's to avoid double discount on products, once by a discount and once by a coupon)
With the Override discounted products mode, the amount of the coupon will be calculated like in the standard behavior mode, but then the amount of the discounts applying on the products will be substrated from its value.
So if you have a 20% discount on a product costing 100€, the value of the discount will be 20€.
If you then have a 30% coupon on that same product with that override mode, the value of the coupon will be 30-20 = 10€
With the ignore discounted products mode, it would have been 0€.
With the standard behavior mode, it would have been 30€.

Time to create page: 0.072 seconds