Coupon usage in checkout

• Thank you received: 1
1 year 1 week ago #350920

-- url of the page with the problem -- : divecaboverde.com
-- HikaShop version -- : 4.7.2
-- Joomla version -- : 4.2.9

Hi,
today I bought the HikaSerial add-on to do the following:
When a customer buy a 5 or 10 dive package, he gets 5 or 10 or just one with the correct valued coupon (but ideally 1 coupon for each dive of the package).

Then, when selecting a date (s)he wants to dive, (s)he pays with the coupon.

I put a payment link in my JEvents/RSVP to send the selection to the cart, this works great, the dives are automatically added to a category called events (not displayed in the shop) with a description (date) and a transaction id.

Till there, all good.

I added the ‘coupon field’ in my checkout, but when trying to use a generated coupon, the checkout gives me an ‘The coupon you entered is not valid’ error.

I cannot, or did not find, how to allow these coupons only on the ‘event’ category’ only, allowing it to a particular product will not function.

Any help or idea?

Thanks
Xavier

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13064
1 year 1 week ago #350922

Hi,

Can you provide a screenshot of the generated coupon which doesn't work and a screenshot of how you configured HikaSerial's coupon generation plugin ?

1 year 6 days ago #350951

Hi,
I found how to (not very explicit in the documentation), now the Coupon codes are generated, usable for one or more categories, all good :-)

But, when applied, the cart doesn't update to the new value. Ex:
Amount in the cart before coupon 300
Applying 1 coupon value 50
Cart still displays 300, but continues the right amount to paypal (in this case 250)

Merci
Xavier

1 year 6 days ago #350955

Hi,

Can you provide a screenshot of the generated coupon and any necessary information for us to look at the checkout on your website and reproduce the issue ?

1 year 6 days ago #350962

Hi,
I'll send you all the needed login infos per contact form

Merci
Xavier

1 year 5 days ago #350969

Hi,

I think your issue is actually not a coupon issue, but just a display configuration mistake.

I went through your checkout and you've configured the "coupon" block to be in the "Shipping & Payment" step. However, the cart block is in the "Cart" step at the beginning. And after you validate the coupon, the "finish" button will finish the checkout process.
On top of that, you've configured the cart module on the right sidebar to not display the coupon.
So there is actually no way for the user to know the total amount after he enters his coupon and before he access the payment gateway, that is unless he goes back to the first step of the checkout to look at his cart:
i.imgur.com/1bQ7B7f.png

I suppose the simplest would be to configure the settings of the cart module sidebar to display the coupon.
Or you could move the coupon block to the first step, with the cart block in your Checkout workflow. The problem in that case is that if you have coupons restricted based on the user group or user, then it's a bit ackward since the login / registration would be after the cart/coupon.

1 year 5 days ago #350970

Hi,
I changed, as you suggested the 'add coupon' to the very beginning, and changed the cart display as well. Now it's all good.

Un grand merci
Xavier

Last edit: 1 year 5 days ago by tzaff.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Philip

Time to create page: 0.068 seconds