Discount on first order

• Thank you received: 11
  • Hikashop Business
10 months 2 weeks ago #351700

-- HikaShop version -- : 4.7.2
-- Joomla version -- : 3.10.11

Hello,

I want to offer 10% discount on first order, so i created a coupon and followed these steps
I want to ask though, if a customer has ordered before they would be able to use the 1st order discount too?

Thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13037
10 months 2 weeks ago #351703

Hi,

The "quota per user" setting limits the number of times a user account / guest can use a coupon.
So if you enter 1 in it, as recommanded on that other thread, the coupon won't be usable by someone who already used it once.
The only way would be for the user to use another email address each time he orders on the shop.

The following user(s) said Thank You: verzevoul

• Thank you received: 11
  • Hikashop Business
10 months 1 week ago #351741

Hi nicolas,

Maybe i wasn't clear, i mean if a customer has purchased in the past, before we announce the discount coupon, that means that they are not new customers in our shop and this would not be their 1st order. So now that we're offering 1st order discount technically that customer could use the coupon even though they are not new.

Thank you

• Thank you received: 13037
10 months 1 week ago #351744

Hi,

The quota per user is calculated dynamically. That means that each time someone tries to use this coupon, it will check how many orders that user has made on your shop with that coupon and it will compare it against the quota per user.
So a simple solution would be to run a mass action to set the order_discount_code of existing orders to the coupon code of this coupon.
That way, old orders would be taken into account automatically.

The following user(s) said Thank You: verzevoul

Time to create page: 0.058 seconds