- Posts: 84
- Thank you received: 9
Unable to upgrade from 2.3.5 to 2.4.0
11 years 6 months ago #193090
by huwhuw
Unable to upgrade from 2.3.5 to 2.4.0 was created by huwhuw
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.3.5
-- Joomla version -- : 3.4.0
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : Fatal error: Call to a member function getMainElement() on a non-object in /home/cremur/public_html/administrator/components/com_hikashop/helpers/database.php on line 224
Hi Getting the following error on trying to upgrade via J Extension manager
Fatal error: Call to a member function getMainElement() on a non-object in /home/cremur/public_html/administrator/components/com_hikashop/helpers/database.php on line 224
I have tried the essential zip and tar.gz package
On refresh the site still shows v 2.3.5
Thanks
-- Joomla version -- : 3.4.0
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : Fatal error: Call to a member function getMainElement() on a non-object in /home/cremur/public_html/administrator/components/com_hikashop/helpers/database.php on line 224
Hi Getting the following error on trying to upgrade via J Extension manager
Fatal error: Call to a member function getMainElement() on a non-object in /home/cremur/public_html/administrator/components/com_hikashop/helpers/database.php on line 224
I have tried the essential zip and tar.gz package
On refresh the site still shows v 2.3.5
Thanks
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 6 months ago #193098
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Unable to upgrade from 2.3.5 to 2.4.0
Hi,
This indicates that you have products that are not assigned to any category on your website.
We've added a fix for that. Retry the upgrade and that should avoid the problem.
This indicates that you have products that are not assigned to any category on your website.
We've added a fix for that. Retry the upgrade and that should avoid the problem.
The following user(s) said Thank You: huwhuw
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 6 months ago #193142
by huwhuw
Replied by huwhuw on topic Unable to upgrade from 2.3.5 to 2.4.0
Great support thanks Nicolas that worked
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 6 months ago #193666
by fariuser
Replied by fariuser on topic Unable to upgrade from 2.3.5 to 2.4.0
Hi, in my case I get:
"Error
No file selected.
Unable to find install package"
Any ideas?
Joomla 3.4.0
Hikashop 2.3.5
Hikamarket 1.6.0
"Error
No file selected.
Unable to find install package"
Any ideas?
Joomla 3.4.0
Hikashop 2.3.5
Hikamarket 1.6.0
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 6 months ago #193675
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Unable to upgrade from 2.3.5 to 2.4.0
Hi,
Try an install via FTP as explained here:
www.hikashop.com/support/support/documen...-to-install.html#ftp
That should circumvent the problem.
Try an install via FTP as explained here:
www.hikashop.com/support/support/documen...-to-install.html#ftp
That should circumvent the problem.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 6 months ago #193699
by fariuser
Replied by fariuser on topic Unable to upgrade from 2.3.5 to 2.4.0
I created a new test site which comes with Joomla 3.3x and I installed Hikashop 2.4.0 fine.
Then I upgraded to Joomla 3.4.0 and I tried to install Hikamarket. It didn't work and I got the same message I got on my other test site (when I wanted to upgrade to Hikashop 2.4.0 - Error No file selected Unable to find install package)
I did like you said via FTP and yes I managed to install Hikamarket.
But I think there might be a problem upgrading when you have Joomla 3.4.0 installed??
Then I upgraded to Joomla 3.4.0 and I tried to install Hikamarket. It didn't work and I got the same message I got on my other test site (when I wanted to upgrade to Hikashop 2.4.0 - Error No file selected Unable to find install package)
I did like you said via FTP and yes I managed to install Hikamarket.
But I think there might be a problem upgrading when you have Joomla 3.4.0 installed??
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 6 months ago #193724
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Unable to upgrade from 2.3.5 to 2.4.0
No one else reported such issue so far and we've had already at least a few hundred merchants update their HikaShop. So I don't think that there is a problem with the update with HikaShop.
The error "Unable to find install package" is something displayed by the Joomla installer when it can't find the install package when you "upload and install" it. It can happen when you have access right issues with your folders, wrong tmp folder path in your Joomla configuration, etc. The install via FTP method completely circumvent that as the files to be installed are already available for the Joomla installer to run the install process, which is why I recommended it.
The error "Unable to find install package" is something displayed by the Joomla installer when it can't find the install package when you "upload and install" it. It can happen when you have access right issues with your folders, wrong tmp folder path in your Joomla configuration, etc. The install via FTP method completely circumvent that as the files to be installed are already available for the Joomla installer to run the install process, which is why I recommended it.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 6 months ago #193927
by fariuser
Replied by fariuser on topic Unable to upgrade from 2.3.5 to 2.4.0
I came across this:
docs.joomla.org/J3.x:Extension_won%27t_install
Don't know why I seem to be only one affected though.
docs.joomla.org/J3.x:Extension_won%27t_install
Don't know why I seem to be only one affected though.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 6 months ago #193930
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Unable to upgrade from 2.3.5 to 2.4.0
Great to know. So it is actually a bug of Joomla.
Still, the install via FTP procedure is the way to go if you don't want to wait for the Joomla 3.4.1
Still, the install via FTP procedure is the way to go if you don't want to wait for the Joomla 3.4.1
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.238 seconds