- Posts: 103
- Thank you received: 7
Error with latest update (4 Nov) when updating shipping or billing address
6 years 11 months ago #312793
by jsyaruss
-- url of the page with the problem -- :
www.StutteringTherapyResources.com
-- HikaShop version -- : 4.2.2
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.12
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : 0 Call to a member function getCart() on null
Hello - I just installed the latest build to address the grid issue with Safari, and I started getting a new error that was not there yesterday.
I get a "0 Call to a member function getCart() on null" when changing the shipping or billing address in the back end. I have attached a screenshot.
I know that when I get this type of error, I am supposed to turn on debug and error reporting, but I'm not sure what information I am supposed to give you from the reporting. Is there a page that describes it?
OR, since this just occurred with today's build, perhaps that will help you identify where the error arose. (I changed addresses successfully with the previous build, so this is brand new.)
Looking forward to your thoughts. Thanks,
Scott
-- HikaShop version -- : 4.2.2
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.12
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : 0 Call to a member function getCart() on null
Hello - I just installed the latest build to address the grid issue with Safari, and I started getting a new error that was not there yesterday.
I get a "0 Call to a member function getCart() on null" when changing the shipping or billing address in the back end. I have attached a screenshot.
I know that when I get this type of error, I am supposed to turn on debug and error reporting, but I'm not sure what information I am supposed to give you from the reporting. Is there a page that describes it?
OR, since this just occurred with today's build, perhaps that will help you identify where the error arose. (I changed addresses successfully with the previous build, so this is brand new.)
Looking forward to your thoughts. Thanks,
Scott
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
6 years 11 months ago #312794
by jsyaruss
Replied by jsyaruss on topic Error with latest update (4 Nov) when updating shipping or billing address
A bit more information -- we also cannot enter new orders in the front end IF we need to change the shipping address or billing address.
If we don't need to change them, it's just fine.
Because of this, I have dropped down to the previous build...which means I'm back to grid errors, but those are minor compared to not being able to order
. Thanks.
If we don't need to change them, it's just fine.
Because of this, I have dropped down to the previous build...which means I'm back to grid errors, but those are minor compared to not being able to order
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
6 years 10 months ago #312805
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Error with latest update (4 Nov) when updating shipping or billing address
Hi,
We indeed need you to provide the error message with the error reporting and debug mode settings turned on.
It's simple, just reproduce the error of your screenshot with these options activated and you'll see more information on the error message area. And just do a screenshot like you did for your first message so that we can get the additional debug data.
We indeed need you to provide the error message with the error reporting and debug mode settings turned on.
It's simple, just reproduce the error of your screenshot with these options activated and you'll see more information on the error message area. And just do a screenshot like you did for your first message so that we can get the additional debug data.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
6 years 10 months ago #312823
by jsyaruss
Replied by jsyaruss on topic Error with latest update (4 Nov) when updating shipping or billing address
okay. Thanks. I had to drop down to the prior version for now (November is our busiest season due to an upcoming conference). So, I'll probably run with that until things calm down. Then, I'll install it again and do the error tracking. More soon(ish). Thanks!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
6 years 10 months ago #312994
by jsyaruss
Replied by jsyaruss on topic Error with latest update (4 Nov) when updating shipping or billing address
This appears to have been solved with the last build. Thanks!
The following user(s) said Thank You: nicolas
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.252 seconds